Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Harley garage door opener prob?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007 | 02:29 AM
VrodAJ
|
Novice
Default Harley garage door opener prob?

I just installed the harley garage door opener on my 02 FLHTC. The problem is i also have a RM lighting HID and when i have the headlight pluged in the opener wont work. Unplug the head light and the opener works. Anyone have any ideas why this might happen? When turning on the high beam the HID stays on, could it be that with both lights on they drain the electical system enough that the transmitter wont function?

Any ideas would be helpfull

Thanks

AJ

Old 03-05-2007 | 12:08 PM
TheGeek
Road Warrior
Default RE: Harley garage door opener prob?

Well, I didn't have that problem, but it sounds like a ground issue. Check and make sure all your connections, and grounds are good.

Old 03-05-2007 | 04:07 PM
VrodAJ
|
Novice

thanks for the help Geek, I rechecked all the conections everything looks good and to the best of my knowlage (stab light)tested good. I also put a trasmitter on my wifes FLHX, works great. since i had it apart i put her fairing and head light on my classic and everthing worked great opener and all. So I'm at a loss, has to be something with that HID. but what?????

Thanks again

AJ

Old 03-07-2007 | 04:00 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: VrodAJ
since i had it apart i put her fairing and head light on my classic and everthing worked great opener and all. So I'm at a loss, has to be something with that HID. but what?????
I'm betting the HID produces RF that is screwing with the signal from the door opener.

Old 03-10-2007 | 04:07 PM
VrodAJ
|
Novice

After doing some more checking i found that the low beam stays hot all the time with the HID pluged in. I think the transmitter low has to shut off and turn back on for it to work. I have tried rewiring it and couple different ways, even tried wiring it to the blinkers. The next step would be wire a rocker switch on the dash.

Thanks for the input

AJ