Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

accessory connector part 91843-97 - Deutsch connector - what Deutsch part number?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:02 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default accessory connector part 91843-97 - Deutsch connector - what Deutsch part number?

I want to wire my own acc. plug (under the seat) as the HD part only provides use of 1 of the 3 power options (Ign / Acc / Brake). I want to have the option to power different "accessories" under different conditions.

Anyone knows the exact Deutsch connector part number????
I could not determine it via my research on the web so far.

Also - question - is the acc. line protected by a fuse? I would assume so, right.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
I want to wire my own acc. plug (under the seat) as the HD part only provides use of 1 of the 3 power options (Ign / Acc / Brake). I want to have the option to power different "accessories" under different conditions.

Anyone knows the exact Deutsch connector part number????
I could not determine it via my research on the web so far.

Also - question - is the acc. line protected by a fuse? I would assume so, right.

1.) 70264-94A

2.) yes you are correct it's fused. However you need to be conscious of what you're plugging in there. If you've got heated gear and such, you probably want a direct battery connection with the provided wiring.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:25 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default connector found / charging box and bracket

I found the connector on ebay. it is the Deutsch 4 pin connector, but there are 2 types... a grey and black one. you need the black one!

Deutsch DT BLACK MALE 4X connector + terminals switch wires wiring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250913745163...ht_3978wt_1161

~ 8 usd

I added the following charger/power supply:

12V/24V Car Cigarette Lighter Socket DC Power Adapter Splitter + 2 Way USB Port

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360689012145...ht_4063wt_1399

~5 usd

cut off the male adapter, located the + and - on the wires, soldered the pins on the wires an built a small bracket (using some thin metal sheet) to put the unit underneat the seat (power adapter sitting face down to ensure no water can get into it). Running several usb charging cables to my saddlebag. Voila, I got instant charging points.

I also ran aux wire from fairing (modded the stock HK radio to have aux at the back) to the same bracket. from the bracket I run another 3 ft aux male male cable to my saddlebag. Just throwing the ipod or cell phone into the bag (double taped an old little zippered pouch on my saddlebag lid). no stuff on my front to keep it all clean and away from potential water (rain).

Total cost was less than 20 usd (including another usb power plug) and took 1 hour to build it all (bracket included). already took it out to give it to my brother in Europe (got same SG) so got to build a new one once back from my trip overseas.

I got some issues with linking pictures, but once I got it sorted out I will upload some.

fyi you can get to the power supply via the "cut" in the stock seat.