Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

HID headlight issues how to make stock again

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM
AK47
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HID headlight issues how to make stock again

Heres my dillema
2007 fxstc,

My buddy bought HID lights a couple years back and got some guy at his shop to wire them up to our bikes. Now i am having issues with the light flickering and causing sorts. I want to remove all the crap he installed and go back to stock. I know that the stock headlight plugs into a connector under the gas tank but i cannot find this connector. (Maybe he removed it?). Does anybody know where the stock headlight wiring harness connects to? Not the one coming from the headlight but the one that the headlight plugs into. Can i just run 2wires from positive and negative and instal a switch so i can turn the light off and on? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

You should be able to unplug the HID bulb and plug a regular bulb back in. The HID plugs into the stock bulb connector so unplug the HID connector that has the bulb attached to it.