Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

brake light

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
lifeliners
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake light

i bought my 2010 ultra classic in may, from a bad dealership long island city harley ,my brake light didn't work so after leaving the bike there for 2 weeks for other internal broken things he said that the light switch was broken leaving the brake light all the time so he replaced the switch ,today i checked and the brake light does not work the switch is good because the tour pack brake lights work i tested power to the pins without the plug and with the plug and there is power for both ,so running and break should work the bulb doesn't look broken either so i went to auto zone and got new bulbs to try ,is there anything else that i can check why the brake light on the fender only doesn't work only running does ,btw it is a stock light

Old 07-08-2013, 12:34 PM
lifeliners
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found the problem it is the socket itself i held the brake lever in so the brake light was activated the first thing i did is cleaned it and put dielectric grease in the socket it helped but only after i was playing with a new bulb pulling out a little ,when i pushed the bulb in all the way it didn't have contact for some reason ,now i will just keep checking after long rides if it stays in place