Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thunder-Max

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 AM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thunder-Max

great information Thanks! I should have mine Wed night. I will post mine as well when I get it dialed in.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:59 AM
KRUZIN99
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading this thread makes me long for the days of jets & needles . . .

Old 04-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Mr5150
Advanced

Are you making those adjustments for use in AFR bypass mode? I dunno, I paid full pop and I'd do it again! I loaded the base map and forgot about it. Ran great from the get go.. Pure badness IMHO... Hey Shooter, how do you llike Tmax compared to hte DTT?

Old 04-24-2007, 07:41 AM
RjCapp
Road Master

ORIGINAL: parakiller

great information Thanks! I should have mine Wed night. I will post mine as well when I get it dialed in.
Before you make any adjustments to the zippers base map (Make sure you pick the right MAP) andmake sure you do at least 10 to 15 on off cycles, at least 15 miles each. You willnotice the A/T learning and getting better. Most important isvary the throttle and rpm so the tmax can learn all the different positions. You may be dialed in from the start.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 AM
parakiller
Road Captain

Thanks for the pointers. I will take them to heart. I cannot wait for the UPS guy to get here tomorrow...LOL I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa Clause!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:16 AM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

Thundermax VS DTT

Here are my thoughts, the best analogy that I can think of is a PC versus and Apple computer. The PC is for the mainstream, no exoctic build,does a great job, pretty simple, has more capabilities that 95% of the people will use, gets the job done. The Apple or the DTT is for the hardcore, big builds, has even more capacity to adjust parameters etc, but is a little more complex. Both do an excellent job, both will help your bike a BUNCH! I try to steer people towards the best fit, regarding thier plans now and for the future if that makes sense.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: RJTIOBOL

ORIGINAL: parakiller

Before you make any adjustments to the zippers base map (Make sure you pick the right MAP) andmake sure you do at least 10 to 15 on off cycles, at least 15 miles each. You willnotice the A/T learning and getting better. Most important isvary the throttle and rpm so the tmax can learn all the different positions. You may be dialed in from the start.

More than likely your issues, if any, will be at low throttle, low rpmand possible decel popping.
I would say the base map was 98% there for me. The changes I made are subtle and arein the AFR tables-throttle vs rpm.. I was a scared little kittyand made small adjustments and let it learn. 5 miles does not cut it.

You will be amazed with the thundermax. Ride ability is way improved. The greatest advavtage is the increase in rpm range, you can lug and it you want rev to the moon so smooth.

post your results.

I have the same decel popping but other than that it works great. I will try fattening up the lower regristry a bit and see how that works....RJTIOBOLWhat are the stats on your bike? pipes, ac etc...?

Old 05-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Here are my thoughts, the best analogy that I can think of is a PC versus and Apple computer. The PC is for the mainstream, no exoctic build,does a great job, pretty simple, has more capabilities that 95% of the people will use, gets the job done. The Apple or the DTT is for the hardcore, big builds, has even more capacity to adjust parameters etc, but is a little more complex. Both do an excellent job, both will help your bike a BUNCH! I try to steer people towards the best fit, regarding thier plans now and for the future if that makes sense.
So for a stock 88" engine, the Thundermax would be your suggestion? There is a note on the DTT web site about it being recommended for 95"+ engines making 100+ H.P. Just trying to sort through all the info.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Spartan
Road Captain

Installed mine 2 weeks ago and it runs great. The only change I made to the base map is that I lowered the idle to 960 using the idle/engine temp monitor instead of changing the basic setup of the map.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

I have the DTT and love it.... if i have an issue area I look at the files... see the problem and fix it... whether it be an adjustment or tuning in a specific area. Last week end I noticed i had an issue in the 5-22.5% throttle position... i put blue painters tape on the throttle handle and marked out 0 - 100% then marked out the rest... I rode within the area needing tunning and WHAM!!!! perfect tuned....
I was told the TM only adjusts a 20% range from the map.. so if your out of that area.....?

oh and i didnt pay 900 for it either.....actually Shooter hooked me up.... i like it cause i can adjust ti how ever i want...Im still stock 88 and wanted to see how it compares to the PCIII. I want to try to get on the dyno this weekend to see the comparison then I'll select a build R&R or HQ.....

Anyways good luck and enjoy