Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII from Fuelmoto ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 PM
misterrick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII from Fuelmoto ?'s

Just got my pc3 in from fuelmoto. Probably wont get a chance to put it in till this weekend. I had Jamie premap it for me. I was just wondering howgood his mapsare. What if anything I should expect to change.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,849 Posts
Default RE: PCIII from Fuelmoto ?'s

I put mine in from Jaime and was only able to get 20 miles in before the snow in a shakedown run to seat the piston rings and test my build. I had no pops on decel or anything. Now mind you I don't know what the plugs look like, etc. so I don't know if it is lean or not. I think his maps are pretty spot on. Others have said they have gotten maps that were way off. I plan on getting mine on a dyno in when I get 500 miles on the build. Best bet is to get a dyno anyway to fine tune it.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 PM
ultra2006
Cruiser

he was right on with mine, but my buddies for 07 was off powercommander was better for the 07.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:03 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Mine was very good but better with a dyno.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:50 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: misterrick

Just got my pc3 in from fuelmoto. Probably wont get a chance to put it in till this weekend. I had Jamie premap it for me. I was just wondering howgood his mapsare. What if anything I should expect to change.
I asked for the cruise range to be leaned for mileage, and I've leaned it even more in small increments. That range is 2k-3k at 5-10% throttle, and I've got all values set to "2" in that range. I've heard some minor detonation when hot at roll-on lately, so I'm going to richen the values for 10% throttle to a value of "4" soon, and will go higher if necessary. Will leave values at "2" for 5% throttle unless I see a heat problem, but so far oil temp stays at 150° in these cool air temps (45-65°) while moving, up to 180° when air temps increase or in heavy traffic. Changing to Royal Purple 20w50 over 20w50 fossil oil (break-in only) reduced oil temps by about 10°. Installed oil cooler early on, but it's thermostat doesn't kick in 'til 185°. If necessary I'll install a second cooler in series with the first.

Overall, performance is very good, and I'm happy with the map.

I also leaned the "take-off" range between 0 and 2k rpm at 10-20% throttle. Basically, I'm experimenting a little at a time and am on my sixth change now. Am keeping all maps in case I need to backtrack. I have no hesitation problems like some are complaining about, and the minor start delay isn't a big deal to me.

Mileage is 35-38mpg in city driving with frequent cold starts, and 45-48mpg at 55-65 cruise. I don't see city mileage increasing much by adjustments, but should increase as air temps rise in the coming months. If I can get 40mpg in city, 50mpg at slow cruise during Spring thru Fall, I'll be happy. Have not checked mileage at interstate speeds yet (>70mph).

After installing the PCIII and connecting to your computer, be sure to set 0% and 100% throttle. When in that sub-menu, just click on "Reset" and blip the throttle quickly to 100%. It will set both values.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

Jamie's map was very close. Dyno tune did not result in great gains with Jamie's map as a starting point.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:21 PM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like others have stated, each bike is different. FM map may be good, may not be. DJ maps, same thing.
Best bet is find a good DJ Tuning Link center and get a custom map.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
misterrick
Cruiser

been looking for a good dyno place somewhere around here and seems most place sent their work out. Might wait and see what lies ahead for vacation this year and hopefully ill pass someplace worth taking it to.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Overlappinglittlepig
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

have an 07 ultra with pc111 from fuel moto. she rocks!

Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Mikind7
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinda hesitant about installing a PCIII ordered from Fuelmoto after all the neg stuff I been seein in these forums but I must say after installing and putting a few miles on seems to be right on, I'll check fuel mileage later and read the plugs for a better idea. maybe a dyno this summer....07 RG 2" Rush and SC AC, HD stage 1 and 903 done...sounds and runs much better.....hit the switch and then start, fires right up, no hesitation...may go to 2.25 baffle for a little more bark...

Quick Reply: PCIII from Fuelmoto ?'s