Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII from Fuelmoto ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: PCIII from Fuelmoto ?'s

Mine worked, but was extremely rich.
I finally gave in and got a tune and its much better.

Mileage isn't so great though. I'm still not into 40's yet, but I did get 39 on my last tank.
I think it has a lot to do with the bike wanting to run in the 80's since the pipes and wasn't happy much into 70 before the pipes.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

So does Jaime install custom maps or are they canned maps from pc site?

Old 07-26-2008, 06:26 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it comes from Jaime or Dynojet they are all canned maps. Doesn't matter who makes them. The only way to get a "custom" map is to get one made for your bike on the dyno.
Find a good DJ tuning link center and have one made for you. Best money you will ever spend.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:30 AM
garyl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; I had trouble with my map from Fuel Moto. After numerous attempts with tech help and fixes, I finally had to have a custom tune. Best thing for me.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too had an overly-rich initial result with the map from Fuelmoto. Turns out it was because my Adaptive Fuel Values were high from riding with just the mufflers beforehand. I reset the AFVs and the map is pretty darned good.

The results from a canned map will vary to a degree anyway, but the main factor is what the AFVs were on the bike the tune was made on versus those on the bike it is later installed on. Could be as much as 20% difference in fueling!

But this only pertains to the current generation H-D EFI with O2 sensor feedback.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Glyde
Road Master

How can you look at AFV? How do you reset them?

Old 07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

So far as I understand it, you can only look at the current values using an H-D Digital Technician. Possibly also now privately with the new TTS tuner, from the makers of the now-obsoleted-by-H-D SERT. As far as reseting the values, the same two methods, plus running entirely stock-equipped over a sufficient amount of time and operating conditions, though this will not likely get them to exactly 100% at any given time like the other two methods can.

There is also currently speculation here that removing the constant power from the ECM for a time sufficient to discharge it completely will wipe them out. But whether this will happen or not is compounded by not knowing to what values they would default.

For what it is worth, it has been reported recently that disconnecting any major sensor while the engine is running will cause the AFVs to go to a value of 90%.

When the O2 eliminators are installed, the AFVs should then remain at whatever value they had at the time.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Glyde
Road Master

Ran approx 40miles with new A/C before installing PC3 and pipes. I've since had the bike dyno tuned. Do I need to be concerned about the AFVs?

Old 07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

I would say no, you do not need to concern yourself with it. You have a good tune now, right? But if you do not know what your AFVs currently are, you might not meet with success sharing your map with others. You might not even if you did know what your AFVs are but they are not something easy to duplicate.

The only concern I would express right now without further knowledge of this one possibility is that if for some reason you disconnect the ECM long enough to bleed the residual power down, the values may change from what you now have and throw off your tune.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Glyde
Road Master

Thanks for the info. I'll ask the dealer to check them next time I'm in for service.

Quick Reply: PCIII from Fuelmoto ?'s