Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dynotech, Las Vegas feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:52 PM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dynotech, Las Vegas feedback?

Hi all, I am looking for feedback on Dynotech, Las Vegas. So far I have spoken to two locals about them and got polar opposite opinions. One says he got ripped off when he had his bike tuned and wouldn't let them tune a Radio Flyer wagon, and the other says they're fantastic, a real sharp guy runs the place and they do a great job. Anyone else have any experience with these guys?

I spoke with the girl at the front desk, she says the can tune using my SEPST, their website says they do all kinds of HD repair and service, so I believe that they are familiar with HD and the SEPST, which lines up with what the local guy said who recommended them. But what about the other guy who had a bad experience?

I hate to drop 4 Franklins on an experiment to "find out" only to have to experiment again.

I have a motor build coming up this summer once it gets too hot to ride comfortably out here, and I want to have the thing broken in on the dyno and tuned properly. It will be a pretty stout build, and I want to make sure to get a good tune so it won't ping, will get optimum mileage at cruise speeds make good power and have good driveablility.

I have already had the experience of having a pretty expensive tune with horrible results, and this after talking with the tech and feeling pretty confident he'd do a good job. Came off like he takes pride in what he does, and knew what he was doing. The result was a bike that ran so rich it "chugged" and I had to get an "emergency retune" halfway across the country when I was moving from NJ to NV. I don't want to be in a situation where I wind up with a crappy tune and have to try to argue with the guy to get him to fix it.

Other options that I know of in the area are Hiro at Red Rock HD and Sinister Cycles, who apparently have a dyno. I don't know if Sinister Cycles know how to tune using the SEPST.

Any other options anyone is familiar with are welcomed!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nobody? C'mon, y'all, I saw Dynotech was a contributor here at one time. Nobody has any experience to share?? Nobody knows a good tuner in the Las Vegas area???