Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

So is this acceptable????!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Iron A
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation So is this acceptable????!

So Monday I dropped my 2005 FXDXi for a tune after I installed a Thunderheader. The bike already had a stage one filter on it with slip one and a flash. The shop is a very reputable shop that's been around a long time and is known for its tuning ability. One of the"best on the east coast". They use Race Tuner. So I pick it up yesterday and I'm talking about future engine plans for the winter. The owner leaves and I'm hanging with the employees in the back after closing they offer me a beer I can't I have to leave so I go outside and throw a leg over the bike , I look down and there is a screw right in the face of the new black thunderheader and another in the front of the other pipe with the paint scarred in a circle. I go back in to the shop and I'm like wtf is with the screws??! They laugh and tell me they knew it was me coming back in because of the screws. They said my pipe has no o2 bungs so they drill the holes for the sensor. I say ok so you couldn't do it where it is nt visible? No our sensor is 3"long. I sat I would have done it from the bottom or I could have welded bungs on for them before I put the pipe on if they told me when I got the pipe from them. I should have known my 12 RG still is nt right after they tuned it and it pings and he thinks I'm nuts! They make big power though and have true market by the *****,thoughts please before I lose it!

Attached Thumbnails So is this acceptable????!-image.jpg  
Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Junkster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk to the owner.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:34 AM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 04-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Iron A
Intermediate

The owner is let's say unstable and I think it's going to be a battle and I'm not one to back down . I expect to get the job done right if I'm paying nothing more nothing less.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Ultra-Rick
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is sooooo wrong.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Ya, been nice if they would have said something.

I'd be pi$$ed too.

Al

Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could have at least used black screws!! If they knew you would be coming back why didn't they mention it? I'd take them to small claims court if they don't make it right.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 644 Posts

Not acceptable. Communication was required before drilling.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Iron A
Intermediate

I don't want to come off wrong this is a shop I want to use but they keep disappointing me . I don't want any dra just a job well done.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks pretty careless and sounds unprofessional to me. I understand they need to sniff the exhaust but with alittle effort it could be hidden a little bit and with the snickers and disrespect they showed you it would be hard not to snap on the spot. I don't take my bike to my dealer for this very reason.
If I were in your shoes I'd chew them a new one and then I would use this opportunity to wrap that Thunderheader the way the good Lord intended!!

Quick Reply: So is this acceptable????!