Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Sportster electronics problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
nkramer6
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sportster electronics problem

I have a '99 Sportster with a wideglide front end. I didnt have a garage to put the bike in over the winter, so I just threw a cover over it and left it outside. One night I came home and it had been tipped over for probably 12 hrs tops. Another time, my roommate decided to take back his cover right before 5" of snow, i then proceeded to kick his ***, and got a new cover. Other than that the bike hasnt seen any kind of weather or problems.

I went to fire it up for the new season.... turned the key and nothing works. no lights, no odometer, starter wont even click. I put on a new battery, checked fuses, brushed off all the terminals and connections. Any idea of what could be the problem? Im pretty good with wiring and cant see any damage to the harnesses or connections.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, its about to be really nice out and I am dying to ride. Shoot me some ideas please!