Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Where Does the Power Vision Save the Stock Tune on Your PC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:24 PM
dobeman21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Does the Power Vision Save the Stock Tune on Your PC?

The title of the post pretty much lets you know what I'm asking-I just want to back up that stock tune on a flash drive as well as my laptop-when I hooked up the PV, WinPV asked me if I wanted to save a copy of the stock tune to my PC and I said yes- where did it place it? Thanks.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:42 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

It will put it in the Power Vision directory under c:\program files\power vision. You can also GET the tune again and save it to any folder of your choosing. I setup a Power Vision folder in the Documents library so that I could track all my tunes and make them easier to find.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 PM
txlen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tully_mars
It will put it in the Power Vision directory under c:\program files\power vision. You can also GET the tune again and save it to any folder of your choosing. I setup a Power Vision folder in the Documents library so that I could track all my tunes and make them easier to find.
How do you "get the original tune again" ??..It never saved it to my PC in the first place...

Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 PM
marknett
Advanced

it saves your original tune to your documents folder under a folder named powervision . It will not be a power vision file . If you want to view it as a power vision file re flash the original tune to your bike and then get a copy of tune and name it original and then reflash the tune you are running now . When it saves original it saves more data than you can view and edit with power vision when you re flash original tune and copy tune you get only what power vision is designed to work with .

Old 12-01-2013, 11:37 AM
devildocjames
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey! Neat and thanks for the question! I got my PV2 a couple days ago and have been messing around with it. I was worried that I didn't even have a stock backup for a while. I kept trying to open the stock tune and noticed it was names "copy of ORIGINAL TUNE.pvt". I didn't see a ".bak" file until I navigated to it, after reading this thread.
Also, I don't think I made a backup in the way it says on here: http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...3_3-2-2011.pdf

Anyways, I'm heading back to Google to figure out how to use and read all the details this thing puts out.

Thanks for the post!