Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

07 intake wire.....what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
07sophtayl
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 intake wire.....what is it?

Hi Estoerp and all watching this with interest.....

I finally have the components and will be assembling the plug solution for both the intake solenoid eliminator and the active exhaust eliminator this weekend. I will post pics and costs as soon as I have it ready.

RJTIOBOL,
your solution works in the US as the software does not look for the active intake solenoid so it is not really an issue- you can zip tie it behind the aircleaner etc. In HDI world, this plug has a specific function and looks for it. If it is unplugged and error comes back as open circuit. If it is shorted, then an error comes back for short circuit, not to mention any possible damage to the ecm. Others have hacked up the stock air cleaner to remove the intake solenoid and tucked the solenoid in behind the throttle body/ acc cables. Functional, but a bit messy in my view not to mention the risk of something getting caught in the throttle plate etc.

The HDI models aso have an active exhaust module that diverts all the exhaust through the smaller of the 2 mufflers (lower)for the majority of the riding range to limit noise. Disconnecting this creates an error so anyone looking at aftermarket pipes will encounter this problem in the HDI fraternity. It is a pretty simply fix to get around - there are some people bridging wires etc at the ecm and the like. I have a plug for this also that will eliminate the problem( at least I will have by this weekend ). The solution will allow going back to stock intake and exhaust with no fuss should the need arise.

Talk soon

Mick

Old 02-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: WVRDKING

Ultra:

Have the same plug on the back of my '07 Ultra's stock breather. My understanding is it's included in the wiring harness of all models, but is only connected/used on International (HDI) Models that have the Active Intake Solenoid.

Yours should be like mine........has the connector attached to the backplate but there's a termination plug in the end to keep out moisture, weather, dirt, etc.

Seems a rider mentioned drilling a hole in his new back plate to attach the AI plug. Might be simple to stuff it behind the throttle body and secure to wiring harness under tank somewhere.

[sm=signs003.gif]
Service manual confirms that it is used on international models only as you stated.I too just wired tied mine and stuffed it under my efi cover.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
07sophtayl
Advanced

Ok,

have a sample together for the HDI guys interested.

the narrower one is the intake solenoid eliminator and the other is the exhaust actuator eliminator.

still need to finalise pricing, shipping etc but this gives you some idea of what the finished product looks like.

PM me if you are interested.

Cheers

Mick

[IMG]local://upfiles/21019/5D5C547CC9D54F2EA934EFD7F46D3837.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21019/8C3C2A63B9324505A06ED7729AC560C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-17-2007, 11:33 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like an item of interest for those needing it! Good job and heres hoping you get some bites on them.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:04 AM
07sophtayl
Advanced

Thanks Ultra.

We have a few people in our neighbourhood with 07's and are lining up to get them. Currently the dealerships are modifying wiring harnesses at the ecm ( not personally sure I like that option) and gutting the solenoid out of the stock air cleaner and zip tying it behind the throttle body.This can cause the risk of throttle jams etc, not to mention damaging a perfectly good air cleaner and gone away from standard with the wiring harness. This allows stock wiring to remain that way. Simple, clean and effective. Local dealerships mechanics eyes lit up when they saw them and figured out the time it would save.

cheers

Mick

Old 02-19-2007, 09:59 AM
07sophtayl
Advanced

Hi All,

there have been quite a few people expressing interest in the units ( surprise surprise its us HDI guys :O thanks guys- feedback is much appreciated) I have a few already made up that are going pretty fast and have a whole heap more components already on order to make up some more. If anyone is interested, pricing is AUD$50/ pair (approx Euro$30) plus postage and handling (depends on where you are).

If anyone is interested in a set, feel free to drop me a line.

Will hopefully be seeing a item in the What's new section of "Live to Ride" Magazinehere in Oz in the upcoming weeks.

Cheers

Mick

[IMG]local://upfiles/21019/B000D974BC5A4C15885B5441518EAA94.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-19-2007, 03:45 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07sophtayl

Hi All,

there have been quite a few people expressing interest in the units ( surprise surprise its us HDI guys :O thanks guys- feedback is much appreciated) I have a few already made up that are going pretty fast and have a whole heap more components already on order to make up some more. If anyone is interested, pricing is AUD$50/ pair (approx Euro$30) plus postage and handling (depends on where you are).

If anyone is interested in a set, feel free to drop me a line.

Will hopefully be seeing a item in the What's new section of "Live to Ride" Magazinehere in Oz in the upcoming weeks.

Cheers

Mick[IMG]local://upfiles/21019/B000D974BC5A4C15885B5441518EAA94.jpg[/IMG]
Grats! on a job well done. Hope a lot of people capitalize on this offer.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
tompie
6th Gear

i'm waiting for mine.
Thanks 07sophtayl for a nice solution.
Think that he's going for ebay powerseller

Old 02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep ordered & paid for mine already and Mick said should be in the mail this week.
Hope he sells a couple thousand

Scotty

Old 02-21-2007, 06:34 AM
ESTOERP
Intermediate

Also waiting for mines. Please, everybody come back here to post your experience with these devices.

Thanks Mick, great job.

Quick Reply: 07 intake wire.....what is it?