Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

07 intake wire.....what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
ESTOERP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 intake wire.....what is it?

I think i'll go the easy way:

- Vance & Hines oval slip-ons
- Stock A/C
- Map m812-002

http://www.powercommander.com/812-511.aspx

[:@][:@][:@]

Old 02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
ESTOERP
Intermediate

I've read this on a UK forum: "To get around the Active Intake Spinnaker flap we disconnected the solenoid and put a 20 ohm 10 watt resistor in its place".

Old 02-12-2007, 03:49 PM
clueless
Tourer

I just zip tied mine behind the Air Filter to the Spacers behind the K&N Filter backplate.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: clueless

I just zip tied mine behind the Air Filter to the Spacers behind the K&N Filter backplate.
Good Idea, I just put mine in a "wire hanger", zip tied it in, and used the bottom bolt that holds the air cleaner on as a fastener to hold it all in place. Works like a champ and looks "Factory"....lol.

Thanks for all the replies and ideas.

ORIGINAL: ESTOERP

I've read this on a UK forum: "To get around the Active Intake Spinnaker flap we disconnected the solenoid and put a 20 ohm 10 watt resistor in its place".
Bro, I wish I could help ya but .

Start a new thread so you will get FULL attention to your needs. That way someone(s) in the know can help ya.

I hope you are able to get it solved,these guys are great around here.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:19 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

I changed my 07 stock air cleaner and backplate out and put the K&N 3909 on. With the stock air cleaner there was a wire that attached to the backside of the breather backplate. It just "attached" to the cover via a plastic push tab, it didn't look like it served an air cleaner function.

What is this and what do I do with it since I've changed my backplate and it does not accomodate this wire?
That's the ambient air-temp sensor. Just wire-tie it to something, as long as it is in the vicinity of the breather, as its job is to report the air temp at the intake.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:26 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick

I changed my 07 stock air cleaner and backplate out and put the K&N 3909 on. With the stock air cleaner there was a wire that attached to the backside of the breather backplate. It just "attached" to the cover via a plastic push tab, it didn't look like it served an air cleaner function.

What is this and what do I do with it since I've changed my backplate and it does not accomodate this wire?
That's the ambient air-temp sensor. Just wire-tie it to something, as long as it is in the vicinity of the breather, as its job is to report the air temp at the intake.
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]???? are you serious??[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Hmmm.....new twist to this. If it only reports Ambient temps and doesn't actually function in the functionality of the throttle body I guess that's ok.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
07sophtayl
Advanced

Guys,

I have a HDI model (australia) and the plug attached to the air cleaner operates the intake solenoid that is in the air cleaner. This solenoid operates a flap to open for more air to come in above 70 kph @ 50%+ throttle. Disconnecting it will create a dash light error code ( been there several tilmes). I have a clean solution that I am working and which is a plug that will go straight into the connector and eliminate the need for anything else. This will overcome the dach light issue and allow you to install which ever air cleaner suits.

I am in prototyping phase at the moment ( components arrived today) and will be ready with something in a few days.

Let me know if you want to know more.

regards

Mick

Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 AM
RjCapp
Road Master

If you never plan on using the stock air cleaner housing just cut out the insert with a dremel (square about an inch to inch and a half, assuming its flat on the back side)) and jb weld it to the back of the new housing.
Push on the connector and wala.
Thats what I did and it worked great.

On the US bikes I was told it is a temp sensor.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:12 PM
ESTOERP
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: 07sophtayl
I have a HDI model (australia) and the plug attached to the air cleaner operates the intake solenoid that is in the air cleaner. This solenoid operates a flap to open for more air to come in above 70 kph @ 50%+ throttle. Disconnecting it will create a dash light error code ( been there several tilmes). I have a clean solution that I am working and which is a plug that will go straight into the connector and eliminate the need for anything else. This will overcome the dach light issue and allow you to install which ever air cleaner suits.

I am in prototyping phase at the moment ( components arrived today) and will be ready with something in a few days.

Let me know if you want to know more.
Yes please, keep us informed and post some pics if possible.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:25 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Hmmm.....new twist to this. If it only reports Ambient temps and doesn't actually function in the functionality of the throttle body I guess that's ok.
I was told by a reliable source that it is a temp sensor, but looking further into this (service and parts manuals), it appears it is a connector for the intake solenoid, except U.S. bikes don't have it installed. Mine is capped, is therefore unused, and can be wire-tied out of the way.

Quick Reply: 07 intake wire.....what is it?