Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Looking for a EFI SERT? Look here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:33 AM
FACTION95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a EFI SERT? Look here!

I installed the SERT and reprogrammmed the ECU with a new map #67. This was of course after I had to go to Best Buy to buy a Serial Port to USB Port adapter for $40! The bike runs fine. Maybe a little better but nothing like having it dyno tuned. There is still a little decel popping like with the regular Stage 1 download from the dealer. But I might mess around with it if I can figure out how to use the software. If I open the map file it shows a bunch of 0s in the table???[/align][/align]I can get it Dyno'd for another $225 from the place I got my PC3 Dyno'd. I might right it for another weekend to make a decision.[/align][/align]

Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

From what little I have read so far when you open the map your in basic mode. Your correct as it will display all zero's. That particular map does have a value for each cell, but in basic mode it just shows the 0's. You can tweak it in basic mode and just + or - fuel in areas where you need it. Or you can go beyond into advanced mode where each cell would now have numbers reflecting AFR.

I'm sure one of our experts will jump in and expalin further.

Good Luck?

Did you get a refund on your PCIII?

Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

From what little I have read so far when you open the map your in basic mode. Your correct as it will display all zero's. That particular map does have a value for each cell, but in basic mode it just shows the 0's. You can tweak it in basic mode and just + or - fuel in areas where you need it. Or you can go beyond into advanced mode where each cell would now have numbers reflecting AFR.

I'm sure one of our experts will jump in and expalin further.

Good Luck?

Did you get a refund on your PCIII?
Good job cruiser! That is correct!

Open it up in ADVANCED MODE and you will see the AFR table across the majority of the RPM range reading the AFR ~14.6

Select the CLOSED LOOP BIAS table from the drop down and change all those to 798mv(read my thread on 02 bias tables and you'll see what it looks like).............save this new map(don't worry, your original is still there and you would be able to flash back to it if necessary)....go flash the ECM with CLB tables at 798mv.........this took away the ever-so-slightly decel pop for me. Ride if for a bit and tell us what you think.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:38 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

Thanks Darren...

I ordered my Race Tuner the other day off Ebay. ETA is Monday. Found a reputable shop here with an older wrench who does nothing but Race Tuning all day long. They even tune up all of Bourgets Customs after they are assembled. Spoke to him in length, and was able to ask the right questions thanks to you guys. I feel really confident and will be taking the Bike there next week to let them Dyno tune it.

I was able to return my PC for a full refund.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:45 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

Ultra thanks for the info. Its supposed to rain the next couple of days but I will try adjusting the voltage on that table.

cruiser you got a full refund for your PC3??!?!? Can you PM me with the details please?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:09 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

You got Mail

Old 02-22-2007, 01:15 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Good to see you guys are getting things sorted. Spring is approaching and it'll be time to ride!!!

Let us know how it turns out!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

The credit goes to forums and people like yourself. Imagine owners who have no forums or Internet to interchange information like we do. I remember owning my first Bike long before the Internet. The only options and accessories were at the dealer, which wasn't a whole lot of anything. Its great to be able to communicate with others.

It should turn out a whole lot better now...Thanks.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 AM
cruiser85257
Road Master

Faction, did you get the PM?

Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Becareful about the EBAY SERTS...alot of fraud going on there.

Quick Reply: Looking for a EFI SERT? Look here!