Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

08 Dyna Chugging

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Zackary Scott
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Dyna Chugging

Well this is only the second post i have done on here for the same problem only thing is it is getting worse. I have had the bike for about a year 7 months of which i was deployed. When i deployed i put fuel stabalizer in tank and parked in friend garage, his wife started it while we were gone. After about two weeks of riding it when i got back it started running rough so i ran some sea foam through it and it didn't seem to change much, it called out p0263 reaar injector open/low efi so i changed out rear injector, it ran good for about 2 weeks then it did it again so i took everything apart and made sure it was all connected good. when i put it back together it seemed to run good for about another two weeks, then it started having same problem only worse. Ran diagnostics, now i have 4 codes, p0151 rear o2 sensor low, p0154 rear o2 sensor not responding, p0263 injector, and p1356 rear cylinder no combustion, it feels like it is only running on one cyclinder it chuggs especially at lower speeds, once i get up to speed it runs a little better. Before i tear into it again i thought i would get some input. Tx

Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

I'm no electrical genius but I would check your battery 1st, ground connections 2nd, and your plugs and coil and wires. Don't know where you are, but make sure all connections are free of corrosion crud and corruption from condensation buildup and that sort of thing from sitting for a while.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Zackary Scott
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical

As for electrical stuff, I did replace the battery before i left, (it had melt down due to loose terminal) i have changed the plugs, checked all connections they seem good, no corrosion (aircraft electrician in hawaii) i know all too well how eletrcial corrosion can build up, all fuses seem good, ecm seated well, prob gonna throw new plug wires on, should be pretty cheap option, prob should pull battery and get it checked, maybe since it sat there it went bad, havent' had any cranking problems though. Tx for input

Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Assegai
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fuel injection is a closed loop (feedback) system. The feedback is provided by the O2 sensor(s), by sampling the exhaust gas they provide feedback to the ECM which is responsible for gating the injectors for the correct amount of time to maintain an optimum fuel/air ratio. Could be you have an air leak in your exhaust or a faulty O2 sensor or connection.