Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thundermax and HD Security

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 PM
LeMMinG
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thundermax and HD Security

Good afternoon,

I've had a search and I've been reading a lot of threads available but haven't managed to find and answer to my question yet, so here goes:

Just bought Thundermax for my '09 Night Rod which ill fit up onc my exhaust arrives. I currently don't have any kind of security on the bike and I'm looking at getting a HD Smart Security kit, maybe adding a siren.

just wondering how others using the tmax and installed themselves went with the factory security or adding security afterwards? Do all standard functions of the security system work straight up after swapping out the factory ECM for the tmax, in particular the starter kill & immobilization?

ive emailed thundermax direct and they've assured me that it should work fine, I asked if I'd need to install security first or if it could be added after and they said either should be fine too. I'm just cautious of the whole 'marrying' of the FOBs to the ECM once the security unit is installed, no use putting in tmax, then a security system only to find out I can't marry the fob to the unit and lose the immobilizer function I'm installing the security unit for....

keen to hear from self installers with security and if they had any trouble or if it just works. Even more keen to hear from anyone who installed tmax and afterwards installed HD securirty