Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander - Auto Tune - not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
lost_in_calgary
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander - Auto Tune - not working

I have a Power Commander V with Auto Tune on my bike. I just installed it and the Auto Tune is not working.

When the bike is running I have 0.000 for both AFR1 and AFR2, the AFR tables have values entered, my trim tables are all 0.

I have gone into Power Commander Tools/Configure and put a check mark in the Auto Tune Box. i have configured the auto tune to come on after engine temp is above 160.

Also under Options/Environment Options I left the display AFR even if auto tune is not connected. I turned this off so it will not show the auttune if it is not connected.

I think I have everything in the software entered correctly.

I wired the O2 sensors to the correct points (they are colour coded so not to hard to get that right.

I have the auto tune plugged into the diagnostic port. My auto tune powers up and I have a red light on the front that flashes 3 times then a pauses, then 3 flashes, pause, etc...

The CAN cable running from the autotune to the PCV is also plugged in a both ends. I tried both ports on the auto tune and both ends on the PCV with no change.

If I leave the CAN cable off the Auto tune still powers up and gives me 3 flashes, pause, 3 flashes, etc.

There is a "button" or some sort of deal beside the red light on the auto tune is this the "function" button? The paperwork said test the O2 sensors to power up autotune wait 1 minute push the "function" button... however the power commander paperwork NEVER tells you what/where the function button is. Is it the one beside the red light?

So, it appears that it is wired correctly, maybe my CAN cable is no go as there is no change in the flashing red light with it connected or disconnected? And no AFR readings on the PCV.

Where can I start trouble shooting? can I use a ohm meter to test the O2 sensors? Test the CAN cable? What else can be tested or tried?

Thanks

Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Make sure you have the CAN termination plug inserted into the open port on the Auto Tune next to the CAN cable. This is a small black plug that came in the AT box. Also make sure you have current firmware, if necessary you can download it from www.powercommander.com and update it thru the PC-V software.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 PM
lost_in_calgary
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FuelMoto,

I never came back to check this post.

Thanks for the input. At first I did not have the CAN termination plug. I ordered one and once installed it still did not work.

I swapped out the Auto tune with a friend's and his worked fine. I called and sent mine back to DynoJet.

They replaced it under warranty, even though I wasn't the original purchaser.

Great customer service!!!