Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help Installing Mirror LED Fuel Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 AM
dobeman21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Installing Mirror LED Fuel Gauge

I had the mirror top of my LED fuel gauge fly off while riding last week so I ended needing to order the mirror guage assembly, but am having a hell of a time hooking it up. It looks like it should be plug and play, but as you can see from the pics there are three long wires coming off the new assembly thatwant to plug in somewhere down in the fuel tank, but I can't remove the guage housing becuase it appears to be stuck on with adhesive. Also, there are torx screws in there that don't actually seem to serve any purpose-when loosened they will slide some plastic piece around but that doesn't seem to do any good. I hope someone who has installed one of these flush mount LED guages can help me out. I have searched over the threads but can't seem to find a match to the problem I am having. I have read where some people have cut the wires, but then what do you connect them to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Help Installing Mirror LED Fuel Gauge-small-pic-guage-housing-and-connector.jpg   Help Installing Mirror LED Fuel Gauge-small-pic-mirror-connector.jpg   Help Installing Mirror LED Fuel Gauge-small-pic-old-mirror-housing.jpg   Help Installing Mirror LED Fuel Gauge-small-pic-mirror-assembly-and-wires.jpg  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

ok unless I'm missing something here. You should have received with your new unit a plastic white connector. This connector is where you want to insert those wires that have the pins on them matching the colors from the connector you see inside the gauge housing. I assume the reason they leave the connector off the wires on the new units to varying wire color locations on the connector on the bikes.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
dobeman21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response, but a moot point now- had my local shop install it for $30- definatley worth the money.

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
ok unless I'm missing something here. You should have received with your new unit a plastic white connector. This connector is where you want to insert those wires that have the pins on them matching the colors from the connector you see inside the gauge housing. I assume the reason they leave the connector off the wires on the new units to varying wire color locations on the connector on the bikes.