Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Cobra Fi 2000 Power Pro Auto Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Chickenfoot
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra Fi 2000 Power Pro Auto Tuner

Anyone out there have the Cobra Fi2000 Power Pro AutoTuner? I have an 08 Ultra Classic that I'm taking to stage one. I plan to use S&S air, Rush slip-ons, and the power pro. I don't have a 'tuner' and I don't want to mess with maps or computers. I was told the Cobra was perfect for my situation.
Any advice would be appreciated.
cf

Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Bodean46
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've run one on my 01 MM injected Ultra for over a year with no problems. Mine's 1st generation so can't say anything about newer designs or on a Delphi injected bike, but i like mine.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search. Every other day theres a new horror story about these, right next to someone elses success story.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

The Powerpro does exactly what it promises, it made my bike run better, cooler, and eliminated lean fuel popping. It takes a toll on mileage, however, and if this is a concern then be warned. If all you are looking for is a hands off solution to running lean then the Powerpro will work, but it is limited on what it can do.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

09 Ultra.

Mine sucked. Reinhart Ultimate Duals, Andrews cam and a Big Sucker and the bike was un-rideable. Overheated and after three units, Cobra could not solve the issues. Waste of three or four months. It was replaced with a PC-V and AT and a tune by an outstanding tech. Runs great now and mileage only dropped a few mph. I dropped to about 31 or 32 with the Cobra.

Sometimes they work, others they don't Just no idea who draws the short straw.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 AM
00FattyT
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

mine runs great and my mileage is doing great too. Last time I filled up 44 MPG and that was a mixture of hwy/city driving solo. I have added true duals and an air cleaner since I installed and it never missed a beat.

If I had it to do all over again I would probably get the Powervision from Fuelmoto. they are pretty close in price and you can do a lot more with the powervision.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the powervision from fuel moto. They will send it with a map for youre setup, you can flash it to youre ecu (very simple to do), and put the thing in a drawer somewhere for safe keeping. No piggy back device left on youre bike to short out and cause trouble someday. And if you change anything fm will send you free maps and give you support for life. Its what im running and I love it.
If the cobra dosent suit you, youre f***ed. For some it works, and for some its a headache. Its youre bike and youre money, im just throwing a suggestion out there.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 AM
xwhyz1959
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,792 Likes on 533 Posts

Put on a pair of XiED's.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Jester80
Intermediate

I run the pwr pro on my 03 RK with V&H true bagger duals and 4" blackout mufflers, high flow K&N filter, and Thundervolt 8.2mm wires and I couldn't be happier. My RK went from a bumbling tourer to a straight nasty bagger and my MPG is decent. I was getting about 135 miles to a tank before, now about 142-149 ( with a heavy hand and only refuel with 3.5-4 gallons as I don't go under 1/4 tank ) doing city and hwy riding. I have heard horror stories but took a chance and couldn't be happier. I really need to do a 6 speed conversion.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:45 AM
CAHD
2nd Gear
Default don't get FI2000 unless you want to be on the side of the road.

In January 2012 I purchase FI2000 Power Pro Tuner for both of my bike – 2011 FAT Boy Lo and 2012 Street Glide. I installed it on both bikes. I had the Vance & Hines High Output Exhaust with Stage I high flow Intake. The first thing I notice is that the bike was running really rich. I can smell high Hydro Carbon (unburnt fuel) during heavy acceleration and deceleration. After 7-800 miles of riding, I notice that there was a lag in throttle response rate. I didn’t think much of it and continue to ride my bike.
Then in September (approx 9 months later) while riding my Street Glide, the bike left me stranded on the side of the road 130miles from home. Since I didn’t bring my tools with me I had to have it tow back home. I disconnect te power pro system and the bike fire up. I call Cobra asking for reimbursement for the tow but they rejected. After 5 weeks of emails, phone calls, and finally transfering me to their vendor of this product in Las Vegas; they agree to refund me for the power pro (but not the tow bill). They told me that the voltage spike caused the circuit board to be burnt thus destory the system and that the delay response of throttle is because my O2 sensor is poisoned by the rich mixture from this tunder. I went back to stage I download for the Street Glide.
I told them I want to return the FI2000 Power Pro for Fat Boy Lo too but they told me they won’t be able to do that but instead to carry a screw driver and a needle nose plier just in case anything happens so I can disconnect it. In addition, the customer assistance joked and said to bring enough water just in case it takes a while to get a tow truck.
I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYBODY. I am sticking with the factory download. I got reciepts, emails conversations, and summary of all phone conversations by date with Cobra & their vendor/sub-contractor on this item.

Quick Reply: Cobra Fi 2000 Power Pro Auto Tuner