Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Cobra Fi 2000 Power Pro Auto Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:47 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

How did you make out Chickenfoot ?

I've just ordered the Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro for my Breakout. I've already done an upgrade to SE slipons + Deep Breather intake + SEST. After it all, the bike works fine and sounds great (important ), but just seemed to be a tad more anemic at the throttle. After making an on-line inquiry to Cobra, one of their technical reps called me to address my questions. From what I understand, the Fi2000 PowerPro does nothing about timing and doesn't disturb the basic EFI mapping, it does adjust fuel mix 80 times a second using trial and error to optimize mix vs acceleration. This sounds like the Herb I'm looking for. The Cobra rep maintained (understandably) that the likelihood of bike disabling road problems caused by the PowerPro is very low, but that if it were to occur, a simple PowerPro harness disconnect and re-connect to the original configuration would be all you'd need to do. On a Breakout, this task might require an 8" adjustable to elevate the tank,, or not. I'll try to install the Cobra with emergency access in mind, just in case. I've also read the Fi2000 doesn't respond well to being immersed in the salty water that can find its way to the under seat storage location courtesy of your rear tire on a wet day. I'll try taking preventative measures for this during installation too.

The PowerPro delivered here in Canada is about 600 bux. The Breakout here with improvements, tax and license is about 27,000 bux. A lot of folks admittedly feel $600 is too much to spend in order to optimize the performance of a $27,000 investment. I don't. 2% better is all I ask .