Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander V map for Sportster

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Rogerfredo
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander V map for Sportster

I have fitted a Power Commander V to my 2009 883XL Sportster, together with Vance & Hines HS slip on exhaust and K&N air filter. The exhaust is fitted with "quiet baffles". I would like a map for this set up, as the "standard" 8 maps supplied by Power Commander do not feature the "quiet baffle" option, but only cater for the standard exhaust which is virtually "straight through". Enquiries to Dynajet result in advice to use the map for the stock exhaust, but this is not satisfactory. Given that the maps show such a variation in fuelling throughout the rev range and throttle opening, I would have thought that a more specific map would be available for my set up. Especially when you consider how many Sportsters there are with different set ups. Does anyone know a solution (apart from a professional dyno test?).