Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

left turn signal indicator led light not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:45 PM
wein77
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default left turn signal indicator led light not working

Was riding my bike today (2012 Fat Bob) went to turn my left turn signal on and noticed that the indicator light was not working, but my front and rear left turn signal were on. All my other indicator lights work but the left turn signal. What is the chance that the led light in the indicator went out or could it be something else. I have already checked out all the wire connections on the bike and couldnt find anything. Any ideas

Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Swap your working light to the side that isn't working and see if it works on that side. If it does, your non-working one is not working! In other words dead. If the working one does not work then you have an electrical fault on that light unit. Could be a bad ground, loose or chafed wire.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:23 AM
Andy wg
Novice

Unfortunately it looks like its a non serviceable part and you'll need to replace the whole wiring harness. I'm going through the same problem.
I tried testing the light and seemed to of blown another light.
I spoke to Morgan and wacker in Brisbane and they advised me replace the whole wiring harness for $150!!!!! (unless you are an electrical genius and can work with parts that are about 1mm)
Good luck

Old 04-13-2015, 12:33 AM
Andy wg
Novice

All fixed now. I got a new wiring harness from a wrecked bike.
Happy to finally have it working.
It only took about 15 minutes all up.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:54 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Where did you find the wrecked bike? I've been looking but can't find any HD wreckers in or around Brisbane. Nothing on Gumtree or Ebay either. Thanks, Matt.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:41 PM
Thomas Price
Stage II

Had the same problem on my 2015 1200T Sportster. The actual left indicators front and back worked fine but the LED left turn light in the speedo assembly didn't work.On the later models you can't replace the individual LED globes. You have to purchase a new instrument?head light wiring harness.
I fitted a new harness and in the process of doing so, I found water in the outer plastic tube that covers the wiring harness and also water in the wiring harness connector located under the fuel tank.. So I can only assume that the water caused a short circuit and blew the LED globe. I have sealed the connector where the wires enter with silicon to prevent water entering the back of the connector.

Hope this is useful information for anyone who has the same problem.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Thomas Price
Stage II

New wiring harness $68 from Harley dealers ( Capital Harley, Orange NSW) plus postage.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:37 AM
Caley Marie Allen
Stage I

Does anyone know what the part number is for this? My bike is a 2008 sportster 883 and I cannot find this part anywhere.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:39 AM
Turk81
Stage I

I have the exact same problem on my 2011 Fatboy, all turn signals work fine except the left signal indicator under the speedo, any Idea what part number I need to order it? Found it on ebay but for 2012 and up Softails. >>> : OEM Harley Davidson Wire Harness Instrument Indicator #72657-12 Softail.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:37 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,989 Likes on 2,548 Posts

Quick Reply: left turn signal indicator led light not working