Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn Signal Module

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 PM
specks
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Module

95 FXD (EVO)
I lost my turn signals. I realized the ground wire had come off inside the light housing but didn't have enought slack to get to it to put it back on. (BTW these are 3 wire newer signals that I wired up to run as tail lights and turns.) I cut the wires and added some extra wire and reinstalled; got tail lights but no signals. I do have ground because the tail light doesn't work without the ground wire connected. I've checked the manual and have one hot wire from the circuit panel to the turn signal module (orange/white); this is hot going into the module but nothing coming out, even with the signal switch depressed. All connections seem to be firm. I don't know if I fouled up the module while testing and experimenting or what.
Also: the signals had been working fine except they did not self cancel which I owe to the speedometer being inaccurate.
Is this symptoms of a bad module or something else?
I didn't mean to write a novel here, but wanted to give enough details to solicit some help.
Thanks, Specks