Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII...question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:51 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default PCIII...question

I'm debating between the SERT and the PCIII tuners and I went to the PC website and the maps available for the '07's are severly limited. "IF" I went with the PCIII, where is there a bigger selection of maps?

Old 01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Road Glider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCIII...question

Call Jamie at Fuel Moto...They will pre-program it for you at no charge and PC III price is great! See the link below..

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/body.htm

Old 01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
07ultrahd4me
Novice

I agree with Road Glider. Fuel Moto will also provide you free maps if you later add something to your bike that requires a map change. I was very pleased with the serviceatFuel Moto.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Another question, when using the PCIII, do you HAVE to eliminate the O2 sensors or can you keep them "enabled" using the PCIII?

Also, what is a Stage I ECM? I know what a Stock ECM is but what is done to the ECM to make it a Stage I?

Old 01-14-2007, 04:34 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

A Stage 1 ECM is one that has been flashed with a dealer download. This is for
bikes that have upgraded exhaust and air cleaners.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 PM
tater2stock
Cruiser

OK, so I am REAL new to this so please don't flame my question.

One of the issues I have read about is the 07 motors running hot. Using the PCIII appers to eliminate that problem. Do you have to add new pipes and a/c BEFORE you can use the tuner? Can you adjust the stock setup to run cooler and then add the other items later and then re-tune?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

tater2stock

One of the issues I have read about is the 07 motors running hot. Using the PCIII appers to eliminate that problem. Do you have to add new pipes and a/c BEFORE you can use the tuner? Can you adjust the stock setup to run cooler and then add the other items later and then re-tune?
Yes! Thats what I did. A PCIII with the stock map will definitely cool you bike down.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can leave it stock but to really enhance the motor you really need to open the intake and exhaust with a pipe and a/c combo. The stage one map sold at the dealer is not worth the money and you won't be happy with it. The PCIII is user friendly, easy to install, and you should be happy with the results if you are willing to do research and play with it. For more advanced users, and ESPECIALLY if you want to utilize the o2 sensors, the S.E.R.T. is the way to go (or so it seems). There is a TON of good info in this forum and other places on the net to research this.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Roadrider18
Tourer

While PCIII maps available from dealers/vendors will get you in the ballpark, nothing is as good as having your bike dyno'd by a reputable shop. I had my dyno'd and custom mapped last week at Ray Price HD (Raleigh NC). The custom map bumped HP from 64.43 to 71.82...Torque from 70.66 to 77.35. the Air/Fuel mixture is now perfectly straight lined at 11.9..........

I definitely notice the gain in HP, but, more importantly, the Air/Fuel mixture is right on! No hesitation at all anywhere in the RPM range and perfect throttle response.

So, the $200 for a custom map is well worth it IMO.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
notarheli
Cruiser

tater2stock,
I live in the same area as you. With the high AZ temps and a motor lean to begin with, I opted first to do the PCIII and also the SE A/C. Desert Custom Cycles on Country Club in Mesa can install the A/C and dyno for $175, assuming you bring the A/C. 6 months later I did the exhaust and just used a canned map. 1 month later I did the 26G cams and had it re-dynoed.
IMO, do something to richen it up, either SERT or PCIII. I like the PCIII for ease and cost. The SERT is nice in that it isn't an add-on. If you can swing it, throw on the SE A/C (or equiv) and some slip ons. Do the PCIII, get the dyno and walla, you're done.......until......

Quick Reply: PCIII...question