Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need help wiring up a Heated seat to my 2005 Ultra Clasic

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Mechengineer03
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help wiring up a Heated seat to my 2005 Ultra Clasic

I bought a heated seat for my 2005 Ultra Classic, the seat has two plugs out the bottom for wiring into bike harness. I found two different plugs by the battery on the bike, one is square with like four wires in it and the other is more round but neither of these two wires on the bike matches the two plugs on the seat. The two on the seat are more of a flat type plug.....is there an adapter plug that I need to buy and if so does anyone know the part number etc.....Please HELP....

Thanks in advance for any help on this as I want to make sure I wire it up to a switch acces type plug not just to the battery.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:31 AM
TRich
3rd Gear

I use my seat quite a bit, although it is harder than the factory seat.
What I ended up doing is cutting the factory wires, tying them together
Into a single wire, then using a duetz plug, made a new harness that
Plugs into the accessory plug (4 wire).
Plug from bike has ground, hot, hot w/switch, and dead.
I did leave enough wire on the plug I cut off so it could be reconnected if ever needed.
Wrapped the new self made harness in shrink tube before adding new ends.
Drag Specialities has the plugs, or most Harley dealers carry them as well.
A little practice will get you used to fitting the connectors together.
Hope this helps, ted@alrich.com 770-654-7853

Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 AM
TRich
3rd Gear

There is a plug missing from your seat, they unplugged just the seat and left rest of the harness on the bike, instead of unplugging the full harness from the accesory plug (4 wire) next to the battery. On your bike the accesory plug may have a dummy plug inserted to keep out dirt. I made a new harness that plugs into the acces plug, therefore it is switched with the accesory plug on your dash.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Mechengineer03
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRich
There is a plug missing from your seat, they unplugged just the seat and left rest of the harness on the bike, instead of unplugging the full harness from the accesory plug (4 wire) next to the battery. On your bike the accesory plug may have a dummy plug inserted to keep out dirt. I made a new harness that plugs into the acces plug, therefore it is switched with the accesory plug on your dash.

Ted thanks for the info this will help me....after doing some research I kind of thought that maybe he kept the seat harness however he sold me the seat at such a deal that I can't really complain plus he probably needed the harness for his new seat...Just my thoughts on it anyway......I believe I can maybe buy one from the dealership (I hope anyway)....thanks for all your help.