Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

circuit breaker nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
hood123
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default circuit breaker nightmare

Hello all just joined having some wiring issues with my 1996 softail. Got this bike from my father in law and he had trouble with it shutting off on him at times. he stated he could hit the area of the speedo head and it would start. So he bought 2 circuit breakers to replace 2 of the three he found under the speedo assembly. Well, he took the wires off the old ones before he got the new ones! He did write down where the wires went on a piece of paper. I put the wires onto the new circuit breakers (the way he had it jotted down) and now the lights dont work right in acc, doesnt want to start and turn signals are not working. I have the manual but it is not too clear on the circuit breakers and how they are wired (in fact it states that they are fuses) does anyone have a picture of speedo area w cover off? I just do not think they are wired correctly, all 3 circuit breakers only have wires on one terminal!? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have worked professionally in the auto industry for 18 years, I know how car circuit breakers are wired and this just seems wrong unless im missing something. thanks to anyone who helps. I do have some pictures and will see about uploading them.