Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Calling all EFI tuners........help a Brutha out

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
deadwood1783
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Calling all EFI tuners........help a Brutha out

Get a copy of "Motorcycle Fuel Injection Handbook" by Adam Wade. This is a very good book on the subject and very in depth. You really have to WANT to learn about motorcycle fuel injection systems to make it through this book though. You will need to take notes as you read if your not familiar with engine and fuel injection terminolgy. Examples PPP=peak presuure pulse. EGT=exhaust gas temperature, etc. Everyone who reads this book thoroughly will gain some valuable knowledge about how and why it works. As indicated the book is a tough read and it will not make a tuner out of you. However it is at present the definitive book in its class in my opinion.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:35 AM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is some lunch hour reading for all. Most of it'sHolleyspecific but if you read Chapters 1 & 2 (skip 3-13 as they systemspecific) Then read Appendix 6, 7, and 8. You'll pick up some basic EFI info written in laymans terms. It can be argued that comparing Motorcycleto Cars is likeapples and oranges but some of the basic info applies across the board......hey you gotta start somewhere.

http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...99R10149-7.pdf

Old 01-10-2007, 01:20 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjuetten

Here is some lunch hour reading for all. Most of it'sHolleyspecific but if you read Chapters 1 & 2 (skip 3-13 as they systemspecific) Then read Appendix 6, 7, and 8. You'll pick up some basic EFI info written in laymans terms. It can be argued that comparing Motorcycleto Cars is likeapples and oranges but some of the basic info applies across the board......hey you gotta start somewhere.

http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...99R10149-7.pdf
Most of the info applies across the board for a 4 cycle engine, having worked on both motorcycles and cars, air and water cooled, I'm having trouble coming up with one thing that doesn't, I'm sure someone will refresh my memory, thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Vettster
Novice

ORIGINAL: Speed
/quote

basically I'm looking for some good reading material that I dont need a P.H.D. to comprehend
and issomewhat specific to my application.
Don't know if this would help you or not but the Race Tuner manual has a pretty good explanation of the fuel injection system.
It can be downloaded from the HD site.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:50 PM
cjuetten
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Vettster

/quote

basically I'm looking for some good reading material that I dont need a P.H.D. to comprehend
Don't know if this would help you or not but the Race Tuner manual has a pretty good explanation of the fuel injection system.

Do you have a link? I foundthe "HD Screamin Eagle Pro Racing Parts" catalog but could not find the SE Race Tuner manuals.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:04 AM
cjuetten
Tourer

Some more (very) basic EFI reading.

http://www.thunder-max.com/Support/E...ryArticle.aspx

Old 01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Vettster
Novice

ORIGINAL: cjuetten

ORIGINAL: Vettster

/quote

Do you have a link? I foundthe "HD Screamin Eagle Pro Racing Parts" catalog but could not find the SE Race Tuner manuals.
Nevermind. I had a brain phart.
Try this site......
http://harleyhog.co.uk/indexns.htm

Old 01-25-2007, 12:47 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is there any books or articles that you can suggest to dispel some of the mystery of tuning EFI.
I'm after good books or articles, something that will help put all the technical talk into layman terms.
I have looked at motorworks books "how to tune and modify engine management systems" and " building and tuning high-performance electronic fuel injection" both books were very automotive systems specific and were not what I was looking for. although there was good info in the books the price tag wasnt worth the chapter or 2 of info that was relevant to my needs
any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
thanks
do a google search with diferent terms and make sure to include Harley in the search.
Be surprised at what you will find fo free. then hightlight the info, copy and save to your hard drive.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:05 AM
waterman7474
Road Master

do a google search with diferent terms and make sure to include Harley in the search.
Be surprised at what you will find fo free. then hightlight the info, copy and save to your hard drive.
i've been diggin around for almost 2 hrs and i can't find anything..........trust me, i'm not bein lazy and it aint for lack of lookin'