Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

vance and hines fuel pack vs. pc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
ffb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vance and hines fuel pack vs. pc3

any feedback on this .

do they work the same.

any advantages of one over the other.

and, say i get the v&h pipes and fuel pack ,is there much difference in the actual running of the bike vis a vis the pc3 or other set ups ?selecting roush pipes or other inclucing v h and then going with the pc 3 ?

Old 01-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: vance and hines fuel pack vs. pc3

I have V&H Oval Slip-Ons and their FuelPak. The FP and PCIII accomplish the same thing, but the PCIII wins favor on the forum because it is much more configurable than the FP. The PCIII has the ability to be fine-tuned for a wide range of exhaust and intake combinations, and their customer support has a great reputation, especially from Jaime at fuelmoto.com.

The FP is limited to whatever maps V&H produce, and it's a limited selection - mostly V&H pipes and mufflers. V&H considers their mapping information to be proprietary, and therefore there is no aftermarket support with customized maps. I've also found their customer support to be limited and not particularly forthcoming with information.

That being said, I am content with my FuelPak, as it mates well with the V&H Oval Slip-Ons. But if I had it to do all over again, I would probably go with the PCIII from fuelmoto.com