Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Codes reading help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Georgepty
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes reading help.

Hi there, need some advise/information.
My ride (RK/2001/MM-EFI) is starving for gas when feeling load. I will check for any pinhole at the hoses inside the tank and will bypass the fuel filter to check if its clogged. But at this moment I want to confirm if there are any codes stored. I did the process to turn the kill switch on and turn the ignition twice (3sec on 3 sec off) and the check engine light started to flash really quickly after about 8 secs. According to the information found in this forum, I was supposed to count the flashings to get the first and second code digits but the damn light flashes to quick. Mush more than one flash per second. There are some codes since it flashes a lot, stops, flash again for 8 to 13 times, some times three etc...but all flashings are at same speed. Im pulling the codes without any kind of wire connecting the two spade connectors at the diagnostic connector as someone have mentioned. Do I need to bridge the diagnostic connector to do the correct procedure or my ECM is just working bad?????????
Thanks in advance for any comment.