Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

S&S VFI-No Respect?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:48 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default S&S VFI-No Respect?

Maybe I am missing somethingbut it seems like the S&S VFI engine management system is the Rodney Dangerfield of tuning equipment, I never see it mentioned in magazine articles,comparisons or these forums. I use it on my 01 turbo Ultra, just curious if anyone else does.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
rodmodder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: S&S VFI-No Respect?

I have it on my 02 RG 95"hc. This will be the first summer running it. What do you think of it and do you have and maps to share?

Old 03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
geargrinder
Road Master

Because I am using it on a turbo application with some tricks, such as using the barometric pressure sensor for boost control, I don't have any maps to share for a non turbo application. Based off of the responses, or lack of, it obviously is not that popular. Mine is the older model before the O2, closed loop capabilities. For an Alpha-N system (throttle position load based) itseens to bea good system but lacks good product support. I've emailed them numerous times with questions without any responses. Even talked to a representative at Sturgis that promised to have someoneget back with me, no response. It should work well for your application providing you get it properly tuned.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My tuner had new Bourget this past summer with the VFI closed loop...said it was a real pain in the *** to tune!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 PM
geargrinder
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

My tuner had new Bourget this past summer with the VFI closed loop...said it was a real pain in the *** to tune!
Having never experianced their CL system I can't comment but tuningtheir OL system is very logical and simple. I'm surprised it's not more popular because it was available longbefore many of the alternativeson the marketnow.