Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT will not load....please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:46 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SERT will not load....please help!

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with, the sert will not let me update the icm, first I get a window saying I need to update before I can download new ign. map, ok, so I click the update button and then I get a window saying "you cannot download", [:@]WTF??
it sees the icm and shows the vin & current download #, it will not download the update so that I can download a new ign map???
please help, anybody!!!
my bike is an '06 Roadking, carb, stock ign module. it is sert #32124-04

Thanks in advance for any help,
K.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:49 PM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERT will not load....please help!

My SERT defaulted with no Serial Comm Port selected. I had to set it to Comm port #1 the first time I downloaded....its all in the manual.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:15 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain

Thanks, I set it to com port 1, and did the check communications, com is OK, also followed the "manual" exactly.... didn't come with a print manual, just the cd. maybe a bad sert???

Old 12-16-2006, 02:28 AM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Open the IRT. Use the HELP guide. It's all there. Here is a cut and paste of a little of it. Also, my experience with the product...When it glitches out (i've exoerienced siminlar issues where it says the version is incorrect) like that restart the software. I have had to do it a few times. Also, make sure all power is on.

The Spark Table Editor as shown in Figure 1, is designed for the user to view and change the editable values within the calibration. Users may only change a set value based on its specific range. The range for each value is defined by adding 6 or subtracting 9 from the default set value. All modified cells will appear yellow.

· The table consists of several different options as shown in Figure 1. The options and descriptions are as follows:

Ø Modify Both Tables – If checked, the user is able to modify both Front Spark and Rear Spark tables at the same time.
Ø Set Value – Highlight a cell(s) in the spark table, enter a value in the set value field and press the set value button to assign a value to the highlighted cell.
Ø Rev. Limit – Enter Rev. Limit value for desired vehicle performance. There are limitations specifically for XL and Twin Cam. Twin Cam Rev. limitation cannot exceed 7500 RPM and XL limitations cannot exceed 7000 RPM. Warnings will appear for Balanced Twin Cam 88 engines that exceed 6200RPM and Twin Cam 88 engines with stock valve springs that exceed 6500RPM.

Ø Ignition Coil –Select an Ignition Coil based on vehicle.
Ø Cal Rev. – Enter a revision number between 10-255 to track the modified calibration.
Ø Copy/Paste– Copies/Pastes the selected cell(s) to another location.
Ø View Graph Front\Rear Spark – 3D Graph for spark table similar to screen shot shown below in Figure 2.
Ø Save to PC – Save as calibration file to the PC.
Ø Load From PC – Load a calibration file from the PC.

Ø Download – Download the calibration to the vehicle.
Ø Upload – Upload the calibration from the vehicle.
Ø Close – Closes the window.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:33 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain

Thanks for the info guys.
I have tried everything I know how to do, I have restarted, reloaded, unplugged, replugged etc. etc., this damn thing will still not "update module", It's about to get to do the concrete dance, I have read the entire help guide many many times, it ain't much help with this problem, followed the instructions to the letter, again many times, checked the com port, it says com is ok, shows current calibration, vin, etc. it was new in the unopened pkg, so I know it was not used on another bike.
Does anybody have any ideas? or will help me troubleshoot this thing?
Thank you,
K.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:58 AM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned

did yu load a spark table first from the pc into the tuner, or are you trying to get info out of ICM?

Old 12-24-2006, 05:51 PM
kansasroadking
Road Captain

Thanks 1SE, it will not load a spark table to the tuner. I does show ICM info, I am just trying to get it to do SOMETHING.... I am getting very frustrated with this pos. I will hook it all up again and let you know exactly what I'm doing.

thanks,
Kevin.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:28 PM
deadwood1783
Intermediate

Do you get an error message around 14% or so into download which says unable to install bootloader? If this is the case your tuner is fine, its your com. If you are using a computer with a 9 pin this usually does not occur unless you are also running an anti virus or other program in the background that is conflicting with SERT. More commonly the issue is when you are using a computer with a USB to 9 pin adapter which will not carry the data. A quality USB to 9 pin may be all you need if the "unable to install bootloader" issue is what you are seeing. Hope this helps!

Old 12-25-2006, 07:23 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain

Thanks Deadwood, it will not even begin the download, when I first start the program, I get an error msg saying I need to "update " the ICM, so I choose a map from the list and click "update", then I get an error msg saying "you cannot upload", it just never starts the "update", or what I call a download, when I check the com, it says "com OK"

K.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:47 PM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is,you need to update your SERT Version. Is it possibleyou are trying to load an 04 version in an 06 bike.I see the latest version is B which I think would be required for an 06. I haven'tdone anything with the Carb tuner just tossing out an idea.

Quick Reply: SERT will not load....please help!