Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

sert and canned maps

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006 | 11:43 PM
bkshovel
|
6th Gear
Default sert and canned maps

I've ordered a 07 fxstb with a stage II 103 big bore kit installed which includes a highflow ac and 255 cams. It won't be here till feb but I've already ordered a sert and a 2-1 header to put on it and I'm wonder if there are any canned maps for this setup in the sert software? also does anyone know if a h-d dealer will dyno this for me to set it up if I install the pipes and sert myself? The pipes aren't h-d's. In the old days the dealers wouldn't mess with anything that didn't have the official sign on it. I was also wondering about my warranty with the off breed pipes. I hadn't been in a official H-D shop since I bought my shovel in 77. BOY, things has changed!!!! One thing that hasn't changed is their prices. I never dreamed I'd pay that kind of money for a sled. I paid $4050 ffor a new lowrider in 77 and thought I was crazy. I guess I've really lost it now.

Old 12-10-2006 | 11:58 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: sert and canned maps

The closest map that is in the library is the 2007 1690 St II Touring......

Now before anyone starts shooting their mouth off about the difference between a Touring map and a Softail bike, wait just a sec....

Touring bike with a stock headpipe system is very close to a 2:1 system as far as dynamics of the exhaust pulses.......

The Left pipe and muffler are about 10-20% active as far as scavenging......

This map will be a good starting point.....

As far as warrenty and installation, that is determined by the dealer....

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:44 AM
bkshovel
|
6th Gear
Default RE: sert and canned maps

Thanks,I've been reading on one of these other threads about all the trouble with overheating and h-d's service.Scares me!! But not enough to buy a honda. I might hold off on changing the pipes and the sert till I get a few miles on it which wasn't my original thought. I'd heard all was rosey with the new h-d's.That's why I decided to retire my shovel and move into the efi age.with twin cams, 20-50 oil, and no leaks.Looks like maybe I move too soon. At least I didn't sell my old sled