Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ECM, PCIII tuning with LED interface...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:52 AM
roadhawk
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM, PCIII tuning with LED interface...

I have a 2001 Road King with Magneto Morelli (MM) EFI system. Modifications at time of purchase (2000) were 95" Big Bore (1550cc) with 203 highend cam, Vance & Hines slash cut slip-ons. In 2006, at 40,000, I was experiencing some sparatic performance issues, and it was found that the top end of the engine needed to be rebuilt, which was covered under extended HD warranty. Also a Race Tuner (RT) was added to the mix and that's when my problems really started. The vehicle showed a welcomed performance boost, however there were some other issues with hard starts, popping on de-exceleration and couffing back though the breather. They claimed there was a problem with the ECM and installed a new one (HDpart# 32423-99B). My fuel economy when out the window. Prior to adding the RT, I was getting over 180 mile range on a tank of fuel. Now I'm lucky if I get 125 miles. After continuous attempts at resolving this issue, I was informed that the RT was not truly compatible with the MM EFI System. In May 2010, I changed over to the PCIII and still experienced the same issues, including the fuel economy. I recently added the RT LED interface and I am trying to perform my own adjustments and in doing so, have resolved some of the issues, but still have the fuel econ problem. One question I have, is the ECM #32423-99B the proper ECM match for a 95" Mod & Stage 2 system, because this part number shows as a stock ECM in the HD Parts Catalog and my configuration is not stock?
Does anyone have any input relative to these issues?
I am truly at my wits end!