Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PowerCommander Accelerator Pump question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:21 PM
wingnut79
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerCommander Accelerator Pump question

I installed a PowerCommander on my '05 Heritage this week along with Stage I upgrades. I loaded the appropriate map and everything is working well. I tried to use the "accelerator pump" software when I was connected to the bike while it was running and it could not detect the PC.

Anyone else have this problem? I also remember reading that the accelerator pump doesn't do anthing for Harleys because the "pump" functionality is already built into the stock ECM. So should I even bother with the accelerator pump?

Thanks,
KB

Old 07-21-2005, 08:27 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: PowerCommander Accelerator Pump question

wingnut79,

You install (save) the pump free download to the computer, connect to the PC III usb on the bike (motor off) after the upload (which will update the program you already have), when you open the Power Commander program you go to the tools menu, you can enable or dis-enable the pump, change the settings for the pump etc. Upload the map with the pump enabled and the settings you want (you can tinker around with them) without the bike running. Print the PDF below and take it to the bike and computer with you. Hope this helps and explains it better than I can.

John TN

__________________________________________________ ______________________
http://www.powercommander.com/maps/i...t_ap_parts.pdf
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Old 09-07-2006, 02:26 AM
dbhymes
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PowerCommander Accelerator Pump question

I just got back from a test ride using some new accel pump settings and it really responds now. I can't address what comes with the stock ECM, but this really seems to add some kick.

After installing the application called "PCAccellPumpEnable.exe" connect via USB and plug in the 9v battery to the Power Commander. Turn on the ignition (NOT the engine), then run the new application. Select ENABLE the accel pump. Then exit that app. Now start the "Power Commander 3 USB.exe" application, go to tools/Accelerator Pump (John TN's attachment is a good reference). The doc contains a couple of good setting choices depending on your riding style.

I just got a 97" upgrade w/heads/cams/pipes/dyno but was still lagging or pinging on hills under load. So my mechanic suggested a setting that put 50% additional fuel for more revolutions... and man does it kick!