Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Shorting Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:05 PM
guitback101
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shorting Help!!

2000, Dyna FXD. I know something is shorting -just trying to trace it. When the terminals are attached the battery tray itself is sparking when I'm loosening or tightening the bolt that lowers it for access to the battery. I'm talking about the actual battery tray that the battery rests in. Of course I have tried all the normal grounds to the frame, etc. I cannot tell what is incorrectly contacting what! Like I said, the bolts that secure the tray are arcing/sparking when I connect the neg and try to tighten the tray. I had lights, speedo, idiot lights fine. However, when I pressed the start button I got a “drain” on the dash lights, a click... and no movement by starter to engage. Of course I disconnected the battery (which definitely had a charge) when I left it to find out what the heck is shorting. Any ideas?