Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Has anyone used PowerCommander (extra features)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 06:42 PM
clueless
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used PowerCommander (extra features)

Has anyone enabled the extra features in the Power Commander PCIIIusb? on any 2007 Harley yet?

there are three:
1. the Fuel Pump addon that adds more fuel if you crack the throttle. It adds extra fuel above the map settings for a set amount of revoutions

2. The start up fuel adder feature (it adds fuel for a few seconds at startup only to help the motor start.)

3. The Rev Xtender? allows the bike to rev to higher RMP

Thanks for any tips on if you used any feature and what settings are you using (how much fuel for how long ..ect)

Old 11-24-2006, 02:59 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Has anyone used PowerCommander (extra features)

I didnt use the fueler, I understood that to be diesigned more for big inch builds that needed a little extra fuel to get started.

I did set my rev limiter up...no real reason though I never rev it that high...

the firmware has to be at 3.1.3 I think...very easy to do when yo have a laptop connected to the bike.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:59 PM
99embrey
Tourer

I have the rev xtend and also the fuel accellerator. Not sure about the accellerator performance. I didn't do a before and after test. I wasn't aware of the startup feature.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:02 PM
F117ewo
Cruiser

I did the accelerator pump. Yes, it works. A slight better throttle response was noted, but fuel mileage (as you would expect) went down. I hit a low of 33 mpg. I have backed off the accelerator pump settings a bit and it has helped. I might see 40 mpg someday soon, but riding the bike is about much more than MPG... More power just makes it more FUN!

F117EWO

Old 11-24-2006, 08:06 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Accel download wasnt recommended for 07s by FM.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I run RevXtend and Accell Pump.
I'm thinking of turning off the Accel pump to try to regain some fuel mileage. I do like the revxtend. I don't hit redline anymore. I seemed to bounce off it right as I was about to shift before.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:36 PM
clueless
Tourer

Pittboy - any reason why the Accelerator Pump is not recommended for 2007 bikes?

The Start Up feature is on the same menu as the RevXtender. its the second check box I think.

I may just add a percent or 2 just to give it a bit more fuel on startup and for only a few revs.
Sounds like the Rev Xtender has no real issues so will check that
Accel Pump - guess wait what Pittboy finds out...

thanks for the quick replies everyone

Old 11-26-2006, 03:14 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

When I ordered my PCIII from fuel moto, I mentioned the accelerator pump to Jamie and he did not recommend it for my application, "06" SG with SE slip ons and SE/AF. He did however recommend the rev extend. He didnt mention anything about a start up feature that adds more fuel.....................BG

Old 11-27-2006, 12:38 AM
clueless
Tourer

I just enabled the RevXtender - I wasnt sure if you needed to send the map again so I did it after checking the box and hitting add feature then OK.

I tried unchecking the box afterwards but it kept giving me an error communicating to the PCIII USB. I was in communication because I could still send/rec maps to the unit. Also it would then recheck the box.

I also added 2% fuel for 120 Revolutions for starting. It made a noticable difference. I figured only 2 % more would not harm anything and the bike started almost instantly, vs without the startup enabled it would take about a 1/2 second before firing up. like it would hesitate. the instructions say 150 revolutions is normal. So I backed it down to 120 revolutions. then only add +2% of fuel.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just turned off my accel pump. I'm hoping to regain some mileage. If this was it, I will have to start experimenting on settings.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used PowerCommander (extra features)