Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PIAA bulbs for spot lights, what size?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:11 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PIAA bulbs for spot lights, what size?

I bought the H-3 PIAA bulbs for the spot lights on the Ultra, and after I removed one of the originals, I saw that it was not the same configuration. The instruction booklet showed a picture of another bulb that more closely resembled the existing bulb, and they called it an H-3d or something(don't remember exactly and don't have it in front of me). Does anyone know about this? Does the H-3 fit with some modification? What's up? Stealer is closed today, can't ask them. Thanks for the help. Oh, and has anyone had experience with the amber spotlights? What I read is they have better visibility in enclement weather. Would appreciate feedback on that also.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: PIAA bulbs for spot lights, what size?

I run an HID for my Main light and PIAA Ion Crystals in my Passing Lamps. This combination reduces glare significantly. The deer don't seem to get blinded and stand out much better than with bright white.

I had to get diffierent passing lamps, about $50 because my 05 had sealed beams.

Don't recall the specifics but I've made several posts that gave more detail and P/N's

Old 11-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Max96
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Its an 881 bulb. I pulled one out of my spot on my '06 FLHTI yesterday and verified it. It even says "881" on the back part of the lamp, you will see when you pull the lamp off. Going to swap out with some yellowish ones to make myself more visible to cagers....

Old 11-21-2006, 05:54 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Max96

Its an 881 bulb. I pulled one out of my spot on my '06 FLHTI yesterday and verified it. It even says "881" on the back part of the lamp, you will see when you pull the lamp off. Going to swap out with some yellowish ones to make myself more visible to cagers....
Thanks, I'll run to the parts store now and check it out

Old 11-28-2006, 05:41 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

The '06 Ultra uses bulb type 881, it's 27 watts. I don't know if it would be safe to use more wattage(heat). Has anyone tried it? PIAA does not have a replacement bulb that I am aware of.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:25 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

The '06 Ultra uses bulb type 881, it's 27 watts. I don't know if it would be safe to use more wattage(heat). Has anyone tried it? PIAA does not have a replacement bulb that I am aware of.
Bump^

Old 12-18-2006, 07:17 PM
BadAzz Electraglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the Sylvania Silverstars, bright but same wattage. It is a day and night difference from stock to Silverstar.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:22 PM
hippharley
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To piggy back on this post. I have a set of PIAA lights from a BMr that I used to have and have not been able to find a website with mounts made for PIAA lights. Any recommendations? I would like to reuse these lights if possible since they are so darned expensive. Also, anyone ever seen a driving light mount that utlizes the forward control mounts on a Dyna (have a Street Bob with mid controls), it would be a nice place to mount lights without breaking up the nice simple lines of the Bob.

Thanks,
B

Old 12-26-2006, 10:56 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Zubaugh, Who's Hid light are you using for yer main light. I got a 07 FXWG, I've heard the Hid light is brighter and draws less current from the battery , and less heat on the wiring. I'm lookin at gettin a hid for my scooter. Thanks !