Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT Pro info urgently needed. Please comment !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Aussie_Rocker_C
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just so everyone knows, i Live in Australia and therefore am using the international version of the super tuner. It is called the Screamin eagle pro Super tuner kit. The part number is 32109-08B. I purchased it as a kit with all software, DVD's and connections cables. Personally i think its awesome, i dont know how much better a dyno would get the bike running but i cant imagine it would be a whole lot better as the bike is kick **** powerful right now. Some of the mods on the bike are as follows. 107 c.i. barrels (rebore of the STD 96 c.i. barrels - Done by Dan Vance Racing), Dan vance Racing raised port technology heads (too awesome for words) with bigger valves, bronze guides and just about everything else you can think of, SE 259e cams, S&S roller lifters and roller rockers, SE adjustable push rods, SE billet cam support plate, SE billet rocker support plate, 46mm T/B ported to 50mm and perfectly flowed (again by Dan Vance - the man is a legend), Complete Timken bearing conversion, heavy duty SE bearings replaced everywhere else including in the cam support plate. SE head studs and high tenside studs in cam support plate, Revolution performance trued, welded, plugged and balanced crank / flywheel assembly, CP pistons running 10.75 : 1 compression, 5.7 grams/second injectors supplied by Rob's performance Dyno, SE pod filter, V&H big radius two into two exhaust (more for looks than performance) i am thinking to changing to D&D lowcat pipes with borezilla baffles.... I think that about covers the majority of the engine mods.... Forgot to mention we have 98 octane fule at the pump here so that helps with any potentiol pinging issues. The Engine build was done by my local HD dealer who did an awesome job, i did the research and supplied them with all the parts ready to build. It was designed to be a street beast, not full on race but also built to be bullet proof as i am thinking a "procharger" next year. I am doing a dyno shoot out In two days and will post the dyno chart for all to view. Thanks to all for your tuning input.

Brett

Last edited by Aussie_Rocker_C; 09-13-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:40 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Glad your bikes running better. Sounds like it's a beast!! Congrats.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:22 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Well done all round!

Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 PM
dykas
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USA uses different Octane rating than Australia. USA 90 = AUS 98!

Old 09-14-2018, 04:27 PM
DynaDaego
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think this step/method is missing from the tutorial. I am using the orange tuner, if that matters. I think referring to these as Orange and Black is a hell of a lot easier to keep straight than the acronyms. That's some dyslexia triggering **** right there.

When merging data from multiple trips (which you have to as the ORANGE tuner has a shorter recording capacity) you have to actively combine all of those data sets before pressing the GENERATE button in the SMART TUNE window. You will have to maximize the window and then select your entire list of data files by highlighting them (they should turn BLUE), then you can reduce the window and GENERATE a new map combining all of these trips into one fuller map you can use. It is important to be very careful with your mouse and DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE CELLS once your map is generated in either the WORKING or SMART TUNE window. If you have, the cell will be highlighted PINK. If you slip up and have a pink cell you will not be able to UPDATE your map. When you attempt to it will prompt you with two options, neither of which you want, which are "Update only selected cells" or "cancel." As far as I can tell there is no way to unhighlight a cell once you have clicked on the map. You simply have to repeat the entire process.