Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help! No power......

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:08 AM
petejoe43
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Help! No power......

OK guys,
Here's what I've got......Woody's aftermarket fairing with stereo. New battery (just replaced today), All fuses are good yet I still have nothing when I turn the acc switch. Pulled the console off and all connections are good. I'm sure it's a connection broken but I have no idea where to start. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 09-04-2011, 03:18 PM
petejoe43
Cruiser
Question Come on guys!

OK, 21 views and no replies?
I replaced my battery, fuses are good, but when I flip the ign switch I get absolutely nothing. It's almost like the ignition switch isn't closing the circuit. Is this switch known to fail? If so, what are the common symptoms? Mt bike is dead and I am in bad need of some help here!! Anyone?????

Old 09-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ck with a test light to see where the power stops and if the swtich is working, could have dissconnected a power lead

Old 09-04-2011, 06:47 PM
petejoe43
Cruiser

Can't find my old school continuity tester, but I've pulled out the power switch and plan on getting it tested right away. Any known problems with the main power/acc switch on late model touring bikes? I'm extremely frustrated, and I'm pretty sure I've got a break in a main circuit via either a fuse, or a wire.....I just can't find the darn thing....aarrgghhh!! I'm sweating and extremely P.O.'d at the moment....time for a cold one and some a.c.
I forgot to mention that I added a V&H fuelpak right after I bought the bike. I checked all that I could see behind the right side cover.....all 15A fuses, the main harness connection to the fuelpak, etc......I know I'm missing something, and I'm almost positive it's not the power switch.......I just have to start somewhere.
I was a metric owner for 20 plus years and never had problems like this......don't get me wrong, HD is by far the best riding bike on the road......but sometimes I wonder if the trade off is worth it!!