Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Battery Drain 4.63 amps nothing on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM
sjgiardina
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyRider209
Well here is a update on the problem i had.

Hd called today and said you got a bad Battery and its covered under warranty. You can pick your bike up and the bill is $85.00. I said if the battery is under warranty WHY do i have to pay anything? He said 85.00 to install the new battery i laughed and said are you kidding me? He said would you like to talk to a manager i said YEP. So i get the parts manager..this is good now. He said we are charging you becouse you brought the bike in to SERVICE to have the charging system checked out. I said Ummmmmm becouse you (HIM) said the battery load tested and it was good. So why do i have to pay 85.00 to have your service department tell you what i was trying to tell you all along and that was THE BATTERY IS BAD!!!!!
So i bassically have to pay 85.00 to prove to you that the battery is in fact a defective battery? So im in fact paying 85.00 for a new battery that should be covered under a warranty. Where is the warranty? He said OH i see what your saying. Hold a sec...... 2 minutes goes by he gets back on the phone and says we will waive the $85.00 since you had it load tested and we said it was good. THANK YOU!! Sooo for those who think they have a bad battery from HD let them tell you its bad (Load Test) then let them service it and i hope you win like i did. Maybe you wont pull your hair out like it did chasing what was a battery problem in the first place. A Good load tested battery can still be a bad battery. I have proof of this!!!

Thanks Again Guys
Great Forum!!!

Troy
That has to be in a book somewhere that H/D teaches because that is the exact thing I went through. I knew it was my battery just as you did and it's ashame that you have to go through this crap. The parts dept won't replace the battery until the load tester, operated by a certified H/D mechanic, tells them that the battery is bad; they are definitely in the business for screwing people, i mean making money.