Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Sreaming Eagle pro race tuner help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 PM
toez71
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sreaming Eagle pro race tuner help

hey guys new here, was wondering if you can help me out. i have a 2000 ultra and the guy i got it off had the pro race tuner. i tried connecting it to my laptop with windows 7 and i cant get any communication back from the bike for .

i am wondering if the latest version of windows has something to do with it and also, the tuner has a serial connection (9 pin) i gotta connector to USB for it.

does the tuner need to be connected via the serial port for the software to reconise it ? i also tried getting the updates but still doesnt help

Old 08-19-2011, 10:16 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since yours has a 9 pin connector. It is probably a Screamin Eagle race tuner. What software are you using ? Next would be which usb to 9 pin are you using ? I use a Belkin F5U409 connector in Win 7.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:08 PM
toez71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RA51
Since yours has a 9 pin connector. It is probably a Screamin Eagle race tuner. What software are you using ? Next would be which usb to 9 pin are you using ? I use a Belkin F5U409 connector in Win 7.

thank u for your reply,
i have windows xp on my desktop but dont fell like bringing it to the garage if thats what it is. i got a laptop with windows 7 and a 9 pin to usb connector for the laptop and i cant get any communication to the bike. i have to have the software running and the ignition has to be on right ? the usb to 9 pin cable is made by sabrent and i made sure there was a driver for it which i installed.

it is the screaming eagle EFI race tuner kit and the software is version 4.000.006 on the tuner theres a few sets of numbers dont know what they mean if its any help 31215-03 and 08/31/07

Last edited by toez71; 08-20-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:17 PM
RA51
Road Master

Need to do a search on the sert to usb cable. Only a couple will work with it. You can contact TTS an get the correct usb cable.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...rt-to-usb.html

Old 08-20-2011, 07:46 PM
toez71
Intermediate

i must be doing something wrong. i brought out my destop with that has a seral connection in the back and i hooked it up directly to the tuner and i still dont get any commincation.

on my desktop i downloaded the latest version of the screaming eagle tuner, and i am running windows xp.

i connected the other end of the tuner to the bikes data port under the seat and turned the ignition on waited a few min and nothing happened. theres no led on the tuner its selft to let me know its working so, i cant tell if i am doing something wrong or its a bad cable.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
RA51
Road Master

Ok, did you have the kill/run switch in run postion ? There is no led or anything to tell it is connected. Go to file, then program ecm. It will bring up a box an you will see get ecm info an click on it an see what happens.

You are running 4.77 software ?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

Last edited by RA51; 08-20-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 PM
toez71
Intermediate

yes the kill switch was in the on position. there is no led. i have v 4.6 i am guessing, i just clicked on the link u posted and downloading 4.7 now ill try it out tommorw and see what happens

Old 08-21-2011, 04:47 PM
toez71
Intermediate

i just tried the 4.7 software u linked for me. thanks by the way. i ran it on the laptop with the usb to com cable and it still doesnt communicate with the bike it showed com 3 open and when i clicked to get the info it cant connect to the tuner.

i was doing a search on google and some guys were saying it could be the usb cable i have. i found a belkin f5u409ttcu cheap on ebay that i was thinking of grabing and trying. should i grab it ?

Old 08-21-2011, 06:38 PM
RA51
Road Master

Did you put a check to enable com 3 ? I have been using one of the belkin with my toshiba netbook an win 7.
Or contact Mastertune an get one of there usb cables. Which is for sure to work for you. I have one of them also an works without a issue.
Call them an get the usb to module, you do not need from module to bike.
They also have the drivers for there usb cable.
http://www.mastertune.net/

Last edited by RA51; 08-21-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 PM
toez71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RA51
Did you put a check to enable com 3 ? I have been using one of the belkin with my toshiba netbook an win 7.
Or contact Mastertune an get one of there usb cables. Which is for sure to work for you. I have one of them also an works without a issue.
Call them an get the usb to module, you do not need from module to bike.
They also have the drivers for there usb cable.
http://www.mastertune.net/

sorry for not getting back right away. just had a chance to try it again. I also picked up a belkin cable and i was my newphews laptop with windows xp. the usb cable works fine i seen the lights flashing. i started the software, set the com port and tried to get ecm info but it still wont find the bike. i think its the tuner it selft. i have no way to test it eather.

Quick Reply: Sreaming Eagle pro race tuner help