Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Electrical problem...still

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 AM
lowglide88
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Electrical problem...still

ok...i posted a thread a little while ago about an electrical prob. with my 1988 FXRS...the intial problem was that had killed a battery while riding...found that the a wire on the regulator had rubbed thru and figured that was the culprit...that battery was load tested completely shot...battery was warrantied and replaced...put the new one in and checked the the charging system...everything was working fine..even with that regulator..i taped the wire up and figured i got lucky...battery was good for about a week out riding a few times no problem....took it out..battery died while riding again...turn on the key...lights flicker...no juice....took battery out had load tested...13.2 volts....190cca...310cca battery...warrantied again and replaced regulator...checked charging system...13.2 at idle...bring up rpm's...goes to 14.4...let off and it drops back down to 13.3-13.4.. even checked it again after riding and getting the bike hot...no change in charging system.ride bike take it out 3times...stopped and restart no problem...final stop got to restart..turn key lights nice and bright...hit the start button...no power!...not even lights...put battery on charge..14.0 volts in battery...soon as i turn on the ignition...i dont even get any dash lights...checked voltage with the ignition on....11.0 volts...cehcked all my connections...everything is good and tight...cables are new....im at my wits end...i mean...ive gotten bad batteries before...does anyone have any suggestions this has gotten frustrating as hell