Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

right controls and radio do not work on 02 electra glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Criio1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right controls and radio do not work on 02 electra glide

I'm doing a conversion on a 2002 (carb) electra glide classic to a road glide. Pretty much got everything back together. I raised the bars and ran internal wires, just extended them yesterday and connected to the interconnect harness. I (obviously) took the interconnect harness out and out of excitement I didn't label the connectors from what I have figured out seems to work, but the right controls do not function and the radio does not power on. I double checked ohms on the right controls and wire placement on the deutsch connector. And still nothing.

The interconnect harness seems to have a couple things that I can't figure what it goes to. There is a triangle shaped deutsch connector (which isn't the one that connects back to the main harness) and there is a 4 pin connector on a close branch to the triangle (also close to headlight and front signal/(former)spot light)

Fuses are in order (working) too.

Notes:
When power is on and I connect and disconnect the right bar controls I hear a clicking on the left side (relay?) Electrical cover near the fuses

Right side signals work fine.

Tested all with rear signals and lights unplugged and plugged in.

This Electra glide classic had a touring pack with an amp which was connected to the interconnect harness which I eliminated as I am not running the tour pack.

Had a cruise control sensor on the throttle cable which I switched out with a standard cable as this bike is carb, but I just wrapped the plug connectors and tied them under the tank.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Criio1
Advanced

Haven't tried the interconnect ground to the tripple trees. @ work but will try this next.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Criio1
Advanced

No ground connected to the radio and right controls were out of order. Problem solved. Thanks for all the friendly advice