Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

LED tail light and signal conversion kit??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LED tail light and signal conversion kit??

I recently installed the HD LED tail light along with the conversion kit that turns rear signals into red brake lights. Looks great but now there is about about a 3 second delay in my turn signal brake lights going back to just tail light shining compared to the LED main brake light when I release brakes. Main LED brake light goes back instantly then few seconds later the signals go back. Can someone tell me if a load equalizer will correct this and get the turn signal lamps and main LED tail lamp changing back at same time? Turn signals bulbs are still standard bulbs. Just main tail lamp is LED. I've read where the load equalizer will correct problems for actually changing your turn signals bulbs to LED's but not so sure this is the same problem since the main tail lamp is involved too. Any electronic whizzes out there?

Thanks