Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

No USB for SERT should I stick with SERT or go with another product

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 PM
bignew
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No USB for SERT should I stick with SERT or go with another product

My bike gets extremely warm and I thought it was just the Rinehart true duals keeping my rear warm. When I bought the bike it didn't have the SERT USB so the previous owner wrote me a check for the price of a new one. I tried to see if the dealership where the dyno was done had any info and they didn't. It was suggested that I take out the SERT and buy a Power Commander. Should I go that route or stay with the SERT? Just trying to cool the bike down a little and increase performance some.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
2008crossbones
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my power commander works great,, but you can do alot more with a sert,, change redline, tons tons more you can change.. read up brother... contact fuel moto,, jamie knows his sheet!! and he will program it for you before he sends you the unit,,,

Old 07-13-2011, 06:47 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep the SERT and buy some cables from TTS. Your SERT has way more capabilities than a powercommander and no extra parts to install.

www.mastertune.net is the tts website.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:21 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume you mean you do not have the dongle for the SERT. You can not take it out because the sert reprograms the ecm and is not attached to the bike. If you do not have the dongle and you want to tunes your bike, then you have no choice but to buy another tuner.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
I assume you mean you do not have the dongle for the SERT. You can not take it out because the sert reprograms the ecm and is not attached to the bike. If you do not have the dongle and you want to tunes your bike, then you have no choice but to buy another tuner.
+1. The SERT is only hooked up to the bike to make adjusments, once the adjustments are made it is disconnected and stored for future use. Unless you have the actual interface you're kind've screwed.