Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power vision.... What next

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011 | 10:50 AM
sportyitalia
|
Advanced
Question Power vision.... What next

Hello, This is sportyitalias husband ( I am using her login=lost my password), anyhow I have 2008 Fat Bob with 1.75 Rush slipons and a Fuel Moto SE Air Cleaner. I loaded the map for this application from Fuel Moto and follwed the instructions. It seems to run better, but how can I be sure it took the map? It just seems to be too easy. Should I investigate further or just run it?

Old 07-10-2011 | 12:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by sportyitalia
Hello, This is sportyitalias husband ( I am using her login=lost my password), anyhow I have 2008 Fat Bob with 1.75 Rush slipons and a Fuel Moto SE Air Cleaner. I loaded the map for this application from Fuel Moto and follwed the instructions. It seems to run better, but how can I be sure it took the map? It just seems to be too easy. Should I investigate further or just run it?
To save the map to the PCV you first load it into the PC software, then click on "Send Map" in the PC software when the unit is connected to the computer. That should give you a status window that it completed successfully. If that happened it is installed properly--but if you want to check, click on "Get Map" and see if the map imported from the PCV is the one you loaded earlier. You can look at the description in the map file, viewable in the software.

Old 07-10-2011 | 02:25 PM
sportyitalia
|
Advanced

Iclick, Thanks, I have the Power Vision and you had mentioned PCV , are these the same? I thank you for your time to reply.

Old 07-10-2011 | 04:14 PM
Dustball
Road Master

Iclick, Thanks, I have the Power Vision and you had mentioned PCV , are these the same? I thank you for your time to reply.
No, the Power Vision and Power Commander V are different.

-Dusty

Old 07-10-2011 | 04:32 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Crap, first mistake I've made since 1972.

No, they're not the same and I should pay more attention to the subject of the message. "Map" is usually a PCV term and "tune" is for PV, so that's my lame excuse for confusing the two.

Anyway, let me try again. There's more to the task with the PV and one more step is needed to flash the ECM. You will have the PVT file on your computer, the one FM sent you, so you will go into WinPV and load this tune file. Then click on "Send Tune," which will send the tune to the PV. The last step is to flash the tune to the ECM via the PV. To do that you'll disconnect the PV from the computer, make sure the PV is connected to the bike, and you'll interact with the PV with it connected to the bike with the ignition on (motor off):

1. Press "Load Tune"
2. Then, "Custom Tunes"
3. Select (highlight) the tune with the desired filename (the one you just saved)
4. Press "Select"
5. Flash

The process will take 30 sec. or so and finally instruct you to turn off the bike for 10 sec. After that your tune is in the ECM and you're ready to roll.

Old 07-10-2011 | 05:09 PM
sportyitalia
|
Advanced
Default Thanks

Iclick, bike is flashed. It seemed too easy. Is there way to see what my pararmeters are on the tune sent from Fuel Moto. I have the driver and what not loaded on my computer. Can I see what HD had on the stock tune ? I was good to go as far as extracting stock tune from bike (SAVED TO SLOT 6) , my bike seems to run great . I am sorry for the dumb questions but i did my research here and decided on the Power Vision based on all of the positive responses. I really just want to verify that my tune went to my bike. The handheld said program loaded so I guess that we are OK. Thaks Again

Old 07-11-2011 | 09:07 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Iclick, bike is flashed. It seemed too easy. Is there way to see what my pararmeters are on the tune sent from Fuel Moto. I have the driver and what not loaded on my computer. Can I see what HD had on the stock tune ? I was good to go as far as extracting stock tune from bike (SAVED TO SLOT 6) , my bike seems to run great . I am sorry for the dumb questions but i did my research here and decided on the Power Vision based on all of the positive responses. I really just want to verify that my tune went to my bike. The handheld said program loaded so I guess that we are OK. Thaks Again
I'm not looking at the PV or WinPV while describing this, so hopefully I'm not missing an important step. You have a copy of the stock tune in Slot 6, so you can open WinPV, click on "Get Tune," and after it loads into WinPV save it on your computer. Do the same for your FM tune, at which time you'll have both tunes on the computer. Load either map to WinPV and then click on "Load Compare," at which time you'll specify the other tune, and that will put both files in WinPV for you to compare in various ways. Perhaps the most useful is "Delta" to the right of the "Load Compare" and "Close Compare" buttons, which will show the difference between them in the tables. Hover your cursor over a given value and it will show both. WinPV is very good at giving you useful tools to compare and analyze your tunes.

Old 07-11-2011 | 12:37 PM
sportyitalia
|
Advanced

Thank You , that is what I was looking for. I will try this this evening.