Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

brian

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
brianultra98
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brian

I have a 98 ultra and broke down last year had a new ecm installed . I looked at the plugs this year and its runing lean very white in color . I took it to a dealer and they could not do any thing to the ecm with out the disk that came with the ecm that the dealer out of state did not give me when I left.they did call harly tec and told he to buy the disk and I could do most any thing myself and I did so the only thing I is I dont have the usb to ecm wire to plug into my computer to the ecm does any one know where to buy the wire ? any one know if mixture ajustments do exist on the soft where?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

There is more invloved than the disk. You'll need either the Screaming Eagle Po Super Tuner or the Screaming Eagle Street Tuner. You'll need to check the Screaming Eagle Catalogue for these.

The SEPST allows you to tune yourself, the SEST allows your dealer to upload street legal calibrations.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Little T
Advanced

Did you have a dealer replace the ECM? This is magnetti marelli and Delphi tuners like super tuner won't work. If the dealer replaced it with a hd ECM a year ago, then you probably have the pro tune ECM, check to see if there is a plug on the ECM with a serial port connection

Old 07-06-2011, 10:17 AM
brianultra98
6th Gear

yes it was replaced at the dealer shipped from harley and has a 4 pit I think it was port on the top of it . also it is not made by harley s&s I think it was that makes it the dealer told me thy have a great tec line I can call to help tune it hope that is correct info but cant do that with out the cable to plug into the ecm to computer.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Little T
Advanced

Originally Posted by brianultra98
yes it was replaced at the dealer shipped from harley and has a 4 pit I think it was port on the top of it . also it is not made by harley s&s I think it was that makes it the dealer told me thy have a great tec line I can call to help tune it hope that is correct info but cant do that with out the cable to plug into the ecm to computer.
S&S should be able to supply you with the cable and software for the pro tune