Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT vs. PCIII's accelorator pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:10 PM
bone2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SERT vs. PCIII's accelorator pump

Hello,
The information you guys provide has been invaluable and greatly appreciated.... THANX!!

Like so many I am still somewhat undecided on which way to go.

I have on order eaglebeak slip-ons by rinehart and a big sucker for my 06 Springer Classic.

I was pretty close to going with the SERT when someone started pushing the PCIII and boasting about
it's accellerator pump feature.
Would I be correct to say that when the ECM senses the TP (throttle position) increasing at a high rate of speed it knows
the rider is asking for increased acceleration having the same resulting affect as the PCIII's accelorator pump?

Also; Is it true that Power Comander (Dynojet) would be more after-market friendly then SERT (HD)??
(I ask this because of the rinehart pipes).....rinehart suggested PC111.
George

Old 11-02-2006, 09:34 PM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned
Default RE: SERT vs. PCIII's accelorator pump

The EFI tuner has an awesome accel pump feature. As to which product to buy, it will depend on the abilities of who you are going to have tune it.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:16 AM
bone2
Tourer

Screamin Eagle 2,

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

George

Old 11-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Either are a good choice.
SERT is a more complex but as a result more tuneable.

PCIII is easy to set up, lots of tunability, but it is a seperate device that could fail.

I have a PCIII and love it.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:22 PM
RjCapp
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-

Old 11-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct me if Im wrong but I ve been told the PCIII accell pump feature is only for built motors and not recoomended for normal riding.
I think you might be thinking about the "start fuel" feature. I have the PCIII, but my bike runs so good that I haven't bothered with the extra features.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I have the PCIII for 15,000 miles. AWSOME. The accelerator pump is ok if you want to race around town. i have a bagger and it runs great without this feature. I disabled the accelerator pump because it used more fuel. It senses that you are turning the throttle and addes fuel just like the carberators on a car. Gives you added response when you need it. If you are a rider that constantly opens and closes the throttle then you will use a lot more fuel.

PCIII is user friendly. I can change pipes and retune in a short time. I can then change my pipes back and retune in a short time.

I can also add fuel at the 0% throttle position from 1250 RPM up to about 4000 RPM and it gets rid of the popping on decceleration.

Makes the bike run cooler but you can have a race map loded in 2 minutes if you are going to be racing around town with friends. Then I change it back to my fuel ecconomy map.

Had it dynotuned for $150 by Dynojet tuner. SERT takes a Harley tuner. They wanted $700.

Best thing I have added to this 06 Ultra yet. Love it.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 AM
RjCapp
Road Master

=

Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: jkoch06ultra

SERT takes a Harley tuner.

Not True. Anyone that understands air fuel ratios and can read their equipment can adjust the map tables with the sert and flash the ecm.

The ECM in your motorcycle is tunable by rpm, and speed. This is for the air fuel mixture and timing.

Understand that anything else that is put on the MC is taking the signal that the ecm is putting out and modifying that.

I bought a SERT. I will use the data mode to record the information that I need to modify a base map. By taking a laptop or tablet and connecting the sert you can ride and record up to 1 hour of data that can be used to modify a base map and program that to the ecm. You can do this as many times as necessary to get the adjustments correct.

Companies are selling add ons because most people don't understand the computers that are in the new machines. Then again remember your first pda?

I vote SERT

Old 11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
supermoto17
3rd Gear

Please let me know how by using data mode you can determine the correct A/F ratio, as the bike does not have wideband O2 sensors.

Quick Reply: SERT vs. PCIII's accelorator pump