Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Code won't clear

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:10 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Code won't clear

it cleared, just wasn't holding it long enough

Thanks yall

Old 11-02-2006, 09:23 PM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Code won't clear

ORIGINAL: cwsharp

Did you change spark plugs recently? If not, take it to the dealer and have them find the wire that is shorting... spark plug, coil, or otherwise. If you did, check the torque on the plugs. Or, it >could< be a bad plug... but that's not highly likely.

Since yours is an '07 I'm assuming that you haven't reached your 10k maintenance yet so you probably have a short somewhere instead of a plug torque problem. If it's compression related, then you should see the new error showing up under acceleration or high torque loads (climbing a big hill while accelerating).

I had the same error when I installed my new plugs and didn't use a torque wrench to set the plugs. I was a bit surprised at how much you put on the plugs... but I should have used anit-seize compound and then I wouldn't be concerned about getting them too tight.

C#
If it only set an intermittant no combustion code - don't freak out. If the spark plugs are factory plugs just keep an eye on it. ION sense is the system responsible for checking that. If you had shorts etc as described above, you would have a driveability concern. False no combustion codes occur from time to time.