Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Electrical clicking noise, starting issue, lights issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:05 PM
smorrismi
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical clicking noise, starting issue, lights issue

Took it out for a long ride tonight. Stopped for gas, went to start it, it turned over 2 times and then clicking. I finally started it by popping the clutch. Got it home, tried to start it again and just clicking. I checked the voltage regulator to the crankcase and it was loose and pretty dirty. Cleaned it and put it back on and got it to turn over once and then clicking again. WTF.

One thing I noticed was when I went to use my brights, they didn't come on and my headlamp went out for a sec until I put it back to regular. And a few weeks ago, all my lights went out. After inspecting them, noticed the back one was blown, replaced the brake light and then everything went back to normal.

Where should I be looking first? then so forth. Got the service manual and will be looking at the battery and inspecting the voltage reg. further, but I was hoping someone else might have had similar issues and might have an idea as to what is going on or where else I should be looking?

Obviously it's something electrical, but is this something I should go to the shop for or try to fix myself. I really don't like the idea of my headlamps going out while driving at night, but then again don't want this to turn into some $500 goose chase at the dealer. HELP!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:01 AM
randalwalker
Advanced

Sounds like the battery may be shorting out.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
smorrismi
6th Gear

Originally Posted by randalwalker
Sounds like the battery may be shorting out.
Bump bump